Running EasyLanguage Code without Tradestation?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Hittfeld, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Good year to all!

Is there any possibility (aside from using Multicharts) to trade using EasyLanguage code - without running Tradestation?

Thanks for your help

2. I am not aware of a way, other than multicharts that you already mentioned. None of my business, but maybe sharing the reason why you need to do this would potentially help someone give a solution. I've asked others I know that use TS and they weren't aware of a way either. Hopefully someone else on the thread has a better answer, since I was only able to yield a negative for you and no positive confirmation.

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

EL was kinda created from spreadsheet type formulas.

there used to be a apple os version of trading software that was prior to TS and the code was close to the same.

other than that i'm at a loss...

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

In the past this was possible with TradersStudio, which was a trading platform created by Murray Ruggiero. He was a sponsor here for over a decade but unfortunately he passed away suddenly several years ago. He literally wrote the book on using EasyLanguage...

PennySnatch likes this.
  5. This software has a very, very similar language to Easylanguage or Powerlanguage:
    https://tradesignal.trayport.com/?lang=en

6. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Unfortunately they will not do business with private traders. Bluntly refused.

But thanks for the help.

7. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Thanks for help. I wonder, if the software still is installable/working/available.

And I consider it an honour to receive an answer from the founder of this wnderful site.

Thank you, Sir

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't think so. The domain of the site used to be TradersStudio.com but it doesn't appear as if it is up any longer.

9. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Thanks, so the remaining questions would be: Which version of TradersStudio is most recommendable, which has the most "bells `n wishles" and where to get a copy!

Thank you all for your replies.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's the problem. I don't think it's available any longer in any version that's actually functional and usable. I'm sure he had arrangements with various data vendors, but those relationships no longer exist so I don't know how someone would be able to get the software to work these days unless they had access to the actual source code.

#10     Jan 24, 2023