Sector ETF Leaders

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Sigue!, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Sigue!

Sigue!

Relative Performance chart (weekly) of leading sector ETFs since March bottom. From top to bottom at right axis - VCR, VGT, VAW, VOX.

upload_2020-8-2_16-18-10.png

Select subsector/industry leaders - GDXJ, ARKW, ITB, XBI.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    HeSaidSheSaid likes this.
  2. Tradex

Tradex

Hi Sigue!,

Do you have any study that shows that leading sector ETFs outperform the S&P 500, and to what extent (if that's the case) ?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Sigue!

Sigue!

Nothing quite that specific that I can put my fingers on, but there is quite a bit of research similar to the paper that I've attached that supports the general premise. See what you think.

Tradex likes this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Tradex likes this.
  5. Sigue!

Sigue!

Relative Performance chart (weekly) of leading sectors using Vanguard sector ETFs from March bottom. From top to bottom along right axis - VCR, VGT, VAW, VOX, VDE.
    upload_2020-8-9_23-21-54.png

6. Sigue!

Sigue!

Relative Performance charts (weekly) of leading sectors and leading subsectors/industries using Vanguard ETFs from March bottom. VTI included for reference. I added a second anchor point for determining the ranking this week.
    Sector Leaders.png Industry Leaders.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  7. Sigue!

Sigue!

Relative Performance charts (weekly) of leading sectors (using Vanguard ETFs) and leading subsectors/industries from March bottom. VTI included for reference. Multiple lookback/anchor points used in ranking.

8. Sigue!

Sigue!

9. %%
    Most all or many of tech sector etfs were, as of yesterdays close.

10. Sigue!

Sigue!

Tech is still ranking high, so I've included it in my sector ranking, but I've omitted any tech subsector/industry funds from my consideration. It is the only sector that I did any selling in at the end of the day on Friday. Did some buying in the morning elsewhere. It'll probably be a little more challenging in the weeks to come than it has been for the past few months. Ya think?

That's VIS hiding behind VOX and VTI at the lower end of the y axis, btw.

#10     Sep 7, 2020