Sleepy Joe did it . Inflation raging . I saw 5 restaurants closed yesterday as no staff

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SammyJ, Apr 24, 2021.

1. SammyJ

SammyJ

Used car prices up 52% off lows last March .Consumer product CO’s raising prices 7-10% . Wages for menial jobs skying as few want to work as they make $600 a week sitting at home . I got a painting quote . Up 40% from last yr . 10’s of millions of low income people have huge cash and spending it . Sleepy Joe did what nobody’s been able to do in decades . Huge inflation here . Inflation is much about expectations. When people see all these price rises they raise their prices . It’s a vicious circle . And our drunken fed throwing gas on the fire

2. destriero

destriero

CPI under Trumptard.

2021-04-24_16-02-47.png

ges, Atikon, albion and 4 others like this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Check your scorecard Tronald Dump gave away way more than Sleepy Joe has so far, not to mention what the Trump Organization Crime Family stole.

ges, VPhantom, Atikon and 2 others like this.
  4. Saw a story where McDonalds was paying people $50 to interview for jobs.

Why work the government just sends you money?

5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Congratulations on putting two observations of yours into the same title and assuming them linked. Restaurants have taken serious financial damage, all about there being far too few clients due to various COVID-related reasons, not about workforce lacking.

On the general shift in policy, one might say Trump was the first MMT president and Biden is the second one.

Windlesham1 and comagnum like this.
  6. blink18

blink18

Gold price is more sleepy than Sleepy Joe!

SunTrader and themickey like this.
  7. Tradex

Tradex

Inflation is the biggest scam on earth.

It is pure, "legal" robbery.

8. Peter8519

Peter8519

So finally, Powell has to do the Volcker trick and fight inflation head on. :(

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

I know pubs in the UK have nearly doubled the price of beer and everything, few going, so those prepared to go have to stump up the extra costs.

I buy cheap cars, 6 years ago 2003 Civic 1.6Vtec £700, today I'd still pay £700, I should be buying 2009 cars for £700 already not 2003's still.

Aldi Food's unchanged, don't buy a lot to be honest.

MTB parts pretty much everything but high end is out of stock, low end still not cheap, high end stupid money :( Cost me £1000 to fix up my 2 1/2year old Full Suss, only paid £600 for it 2nd hand barely used, £1200 new :(

Loads of shops around the town, after the lockdown, low stock, no customers, towns not much busier than lockdown, guessing everyone used to Amazon orders and poor and credit cards maxed out so they'll be closing soon :( more jobs lost.

Fully Expect Hyper Inflation, how they get the " you'll own nothing and rent everything and be happier part " cause everything you own will be worthless and new stuff you can't afford so you'll rent and return when finished using it, much greener!!

Notice well in the UK, Covid has vanished from the news and it's all GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!

athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

most of these were passed by trump. But joe isn’t helping the situation.

#10     Apr 24, 2021