Slums in Oakland selling at 50% premiums

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    marketsurfer likes this.
  3. RRY16

RRY16

The locale is not in the hood part of Oaktown, it's definitely not the slums if you know the area.

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I am not familiar, I just took a glance at Google maps and for me it's just another banale American illusion that is sold to some newly rich who have no sense of monetary value. Even calling that remodeled bathroom "nice" as the author in the article did tells you everything about the average sense of beauty over there. I am much rather interested in seeing who bid for this crap.

zdreg and vanzandt like this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. RRY16

RRY16

It will be bulldozed

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'd put it right back up for sale.... (like tomorrow) ...... for $935K.
    And give it two months before I did what I originally bought it for in the first place.

ironchef likes this.
  8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

So, even if you bulldoze the entire place and build a new home there it might take 3 weeks before it will be broken into. A nice home in that neighborhood looks completely out of place. How that neighborhood looks like reminds me exactly of my impression I got of Columbus OH, not today but 20 years ago. Run down, crappy houses, an attempt at reviving the neighborhood but kind of stuck in the attempt.

9. If you own a similar house in the area and someone offer you 3/4 million would you sell? Now if all the oldtimers sold, the area go through gentrification and double in value. It's happening to many city cores. Look at Manhattan, San Francisco, Vancouver and Toronto for example. That shack in Vancouver would be 1.7 million, may be more. Here's an example from Vancouver suburb ;
    https://www.rew.ca/properties/R2146...ver-bc?property_browse=kitsilano-vancouver-bc

#10     Apr 20, 2017
    dealmaker and Clubber Lang like this.