SMB Capital $5k Training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sobepehopeful, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know a guy who trades for SMB, he went in not knowing much about trading at all, granted he was extremely bright and a outstanding student from a top 20 University and now he is a consistently profitable trader at SMB, they now offer there training to outside traders for a fee of $5k.

Is any training program worth that much? Especially when you have no chance of getting a job with that firm when your done, all your doing is paying them to train you. Then you have to turn around a put another $5k or more down with a prop firm to actually begin trading. I just want to know is this a good move?

JoeyLowe likes this.
  2. jtnet

jtnet

SMB "hires" anyone, just watch wallstreet warriors 2 lol

JoeyLowe likes this.
  3. Most training programs are not worth thousands of dollars in my opinion. However, I can honestly say that SMB's program is extremely professional and top notch.

JoeyLowe likes this.
  4. prop123

prop123

How long did it take for him to become consistently profitable?

JoeyLowe likes this.
  5. There are better deals out there if you don't want to risk/invest your own capital. Some places let you trade their money and offer free training. Of course this means you won't be keeping anywhere near 100% of profits but you'll also risk $0 and eventually have more leverage than you can use every day.

Check out Madison Trading, Chimera Capital, First New York Securities.

These places can be more selective and therefore might be more difficult to get into.

JoeyLowe likes this.
  6. JoeyLowe likes this.
  7. JoeyLowe likes this.
  8. I have found out one of my cousins has taken their training. He is doing fine.
    My cousin is not very bright, thus, I can only conclude they have trained him very well.
    I might do their training whenever I have 3 full months off.:D

JoeyLowe likes this.
  9. Remote or in office training?

JoeyLowe likes this.
  10. Their blog has lots of great nuggets of information if you are willing to devote a couple of hours to read through it and sift it out for the learning points.

Here is an example of something being laid out for the taking. Being able to recognize good information. Of course, it will be too difficult for most because it will require a commitment of time. You'll want it all laid out here in laymans terms instead.

This is the reason most will not succeed in trading - not willing to put forth ANY effort at all into skill development and learning.

#10     Jan 26, 2009
    JoeyLowe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.