SMB Capital / Keystone Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rudy376, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rudy376

rudy376

I'm trying to make a decision between SMB Capital and Keystone Trading. Are there any current or past traders at these firms that can offer some insight?

2. Have you interviewed with these firms?

3. SMB sounds like a bad deal being offered on a silver platter garnished with figs and olives.

Honestly now, only people with poor understanding of how a business is run would sign up with these guys. They give you all the downside from a career perspective and take all the upside.

4. are you referring to SMB in particular or the overall business concept of a prop firm?

5. probably SMB along with a lot of other prop firms out there. But to be fair, there are a number of prop firms that are decent, the issue would be the definition of a prop firm.

Nowadays, prop firm and hedge funds are interchangeable.

6. saico

saico

I think both are very solid and reputable firms. I'm with SMB since they offered me better conditions for my personal requirements. I'm a remote trader.

7. SMB commissions are way too high.

8. I'd go w/ SMB if Latetia is still there ;)

9. I wouldn't be able to trade unless they sat me on down the desk.

Plus, she's multilingual. ::::drools::::

10. smb's rates aren't competitve at all. they're probably ok for a new trader.if you're paying over .003 for 20-1 you're getitng screwed

#10     Feb 27, 2008