SMH

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Buy1Sell2, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'll be chronicling my swing trades here. Should be 3 or 4 times a year on average. No position at the moment.

Zwaen and Axon like this.
  2. mervyn

mervyn

real time post then, will copy and follow

3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Sure will. It may be a while before the first swing trade. Market not ripe for it just yet.

4. USDJPY

USDJPY

Stocks or futures?

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The ETF SMH

6. mervyn

mervyn

I think Semi has another 30% to drop, when China is not allowed to buy ours and we lose their market completely. That's the backdrop.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  7. Zwaen

Zwaen

Interesting to follow :)
    Was looking at smh a while ago and r/drawdown seemed superior to, for example spy. Can be very interesting for a longterm portfolio. A monthly logarithmic chart looks at times like a straight line (msft also) and it's hard not to think the backbone of digitalisation will be part of the future. This woud thus be long only, using options as instrument for better r/drawdown metrics (simple spreads can go a long way)

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Semiconductors don't appear at the moment to be an obvious buy. I think we need to drop more to try and find a bottom. ---No position for now.

9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Nice bounce today, but I think it's just that--a bounce. I'm still awaiting another drop to look at getting long.

Zwaen and tony.m like this.
  10. mervyn

mervyn

Not sure if Samsung is in the SMH, but the news is that its profit dropped 69%, while LG profit dropped 91%.

#10     Jan 7, 2023
    Buy1Sell2 and Zwaen like this.