Sparrow exchange for Crypto OPtions

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by traderjo, Oct 8, 2019.

1. traderjo

traderjo

2. Hello! Yes I am an avid user, I use it mainly to sell options - I quite like how I can set my own settlement dates and also that the premium I get it instantly.

Young exchange but really promising, I like how they offer both bitcoin and ethereum options, not many exchanges offer that.

3. traderjo

traderjo

spreads look very bad... also what I could not understand is the price of options in USD or that sparrow Dollar?
    Also the settlement date sis determined by the exchange like any other Exchange
    upload_2019-10-8_22-56-15.png

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  4. Yea, platform is pretty new, think they launched just 3 - 4 months ago. My orders typically get filled in a few seconds, maybe that's why order book is quite empty cause most orders are filled? lol

I think Sparrow dollar is their USD equivalent as I see it is 1:1 USD on their convertnow facility.

Saw on their telegram chat someone shared on their cumulative BTC volume, looks good for a new platform.

cumulative BTC.jpg

Can join their telegram chat https://t.me/SparrowExchange . The core team is pretty active there and helped to address a lot of my questions on options trading.

5. nathandev

nathandev

There are lots of cryptocurrency exchanges but recently I found a list of crypto exchanges https://cryptolinks.com/btc-to-usd with this list hard to find which one to go with because I don't have enough experience in cryptocurrency trading.

6. traderjo

traderjo

You are talking about Crypto trading itself ( SPOT BTC/USD or BTC/ ETh etc)
    What I am talking about is Option on BTC or Options on ETH traded in a regulated exchange? regulated in UK or US

7. I was looking for a Crypto Options trading platform too. I'll check out Sparrow, seems clean. Dont think they are regulated in the US though. Most of Europe, Asia seems fine.

8. traderjo

traderjo

Sparrow is in Singapore but not regulated as a "exchange" by MAS ( they claim they don;t need to be as per current laws of Singapore) + the spreads are really bad very soon CME ( USA) will have BTC options a bigger known exchange + you can marry BTC futures + Option soon or do Options to Option speads.. lot better than these so called other Crypto Exchanges

9. Bakkt options launching today!

#10     Dec 9, 2019