stock market seasonal behavior anyone can make a decent cheat sheet?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by mute9003, Mar 29, 2022.

1. mute9003

mute9003

i have spent months listening to videos on youtube about this topic
    very simple topic and yet none of the brainiac traders on tube can coherently explain it

what should i expect from market throughout the yearly cycle
    what are important days/weeks for market and what i can expect on those days with any probability or certainty
    is there a monthly and weekly and daily cycle as well? i got vrey contradicting info on that as well
    like for example the few things i was able to gather out of 100s of nonsense videos

summer time traders are on vacation, august especially the volume of trades overall drops. especially the institutional trading since they are also on vacation
    at the end of year is usually more likely than not with very high probability is a selloff for tax reasons.( is there an exact date usually that i couldnt get clear)
    january and begining of february is when people start loading back up after tha end of year selloff. but i have no more details on this either
    and there are earnings weeks etc
    can someone please make even a basic list that makes sense i would really appreciate it. because all i have is bunch of mashed potatoes after all those tube videos.

2. mikeriley

mikeriley

Hi mute9003,

Remember trading is a very competitive space. It's not
    customary that people share information, unless it's
    for sale, driven by ego, or just nice people..I think

Regardless,
    There is no cheat sheet, and definitely no short cuts.
    Cycles is something you have to study and practice
    to gain understanding.

There are many good books on Time Cycles and Cycles Analysis.
    If you wish to learn, start reading everything about cycles,
    business cycles, time cycles etc etc.

Enjoy

https://u1lib.org/book/2384766/87b5fb?dsource=recommend

Screenshot_7.png

mute9003 likes this.
  3. Leob

Leob

If you aiming to day trade I'm not sure you need all this stuff.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

stock market almanac.

5. Overnight

Overnight

April-May is when most companies report their Q4 earnings from the previous calendar year, which will be their strongest.

So buy at end of March, and sell in June. Emeril BAM! Done.

Any further questions, ask VZ and Stoney.

6. easymon1

easymon1

Have you searched Jake Bernstein and seasonality?
    What would your 'list' contain specifically?
    What format?
    e.g. would it be a table with column headings and horizontal records?
    Would it be in chart format?
    Would it be in calendar format?
    Would it be in stacked timeline format?
    zwqwe.jpg

7. mute9003

mute9003

was just looking fro a basic list of days and what happens on those days just to keep around as a cheat sheet until i remember it
    most of youtubers offer only the cookie cutter stuff like. "cut your losses bro" "set stop loss bro"

i picked up few things here and there but its like looking for a raisin in a trash can
    yea i found few raisins but i was covered in trash

8. mute9003

mute9003

why wouldnt i learn more about market, everrything you learn helps you to understand and navigate it with more precision and less magical feelings and mindset.

i dont belive that trading is "all about mindset"
    every profitable trader i talked to has in depth understanding of the market mechanics they just cant explain it because its a very complex interaction of things

Laissez Faire likes this.
  9. Yes. :)

However, in order to understand it, you need to do your own research and that takes time and effort.

The stock trader's almanac have some basic stuff on seasonality which could be helpful. Or not.

#10     Mar 31, 2022