Stop Watch says it now takes 1 minute and 17 seconds for market order at TOS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by birdman, Jun 11, 2020.

1. birdman

birdman

27 seconds into the market day i entered a market order at TOS. I did not measure the time it took for it to execute, but it was similar to the time it took to sell. When i entered the sell ... i get the little pop up window at TOS showing the market order and my stop watch showed exactly 1 minute and 17 seconds before that order was executed.

Yesterday, for the first 30 minutes of the market day, fills were delayed a similar amount of time and i only trade market orders.

I did email TOS as i have before. I'd like to think, that they would want to correct these delays. Starting today i trade a single share the first 30 minutes or until the platform stabilizes. After the first 30 minutes i can then increase size as it seems to work ok then.

This morning my internet speed and latency was near it's all time best.

2. maxinger

maxinger

I have seen delays in my trading platforms and also charting software.
    The problem usually disappear few days later.

Do have backup.

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What were you trading ???

You screen recording these delays ???

wrbtrader

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Chooses a broker that does not sell your order flow and charges a commission.

5. birdman

birdman

TNA

6. birdman

birdman

Ended my trading day moments ago with 48 round trips. Average size was 500. Another on-going problem i see most days and today, is TOS chart price will lag last price or last price will lag chart price (as today). That might be somewhat related to my tick charts.

7. birdman

birdman

When i calculate comission on my average day like yesterday and today, i always come out ahead as is.

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

Why you complaining then? You have to give the organisation that has bought your order time to make a profit before they fill you.

apdxyk, birdman and FriskyCat like this.