Suggest a Forex Broker

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by nealvan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. nealvan

nealvan

I just looked though old messages here and there doesn't seem to be anything similar to what I'm looking for. I would like to get started trading Forex. I'm an experienced stock trader and I don't even expect to make any money. It's just that I'm an addict. I have to trade as much as possible. I need to find a good forex broker that has good customizable charts. By that I mean they have indicators such as sto, cci, macd, ect that you can change the values. I use other charting but they have no intraday charts for futures or forex. It would be nice if I could find forex charts that look good too. I would like to at least be able to trade usd/jpy crosses. I've looked all over the internet under forex but nothing seems to suit me. Any suggestions please?

2. MetaTrader4 (MT4) is great for FX charting. There are at least 40 FX brokers that offer it, and they all offer free demos. I use FXDD's demo, among others.

For actual trading, I wouldn't recommend any MT4 broker however. InteractiveBrokers is the best FX broker around for retail.

3. I was told and now see that VCap Futures/Forex are setting up some additional Forex capabilities (FC Stone arrangement, etc). I think Amp Futures/Forex has some good choices too. I would like to see more choices for the ECN model and I think this will happen going forward.

4. nealvan

nealvan

I'm not sure if I asked my question correctly. I'm going to be trading online so I won't need a brokers advice. I'm not sure if you misunderstood me our not. I will try them out for sure if they have a demo. Ok so I'm just assuming if I used IB (I've never used them) that I'll get better fills/ better service. Thank you very much for the advice.

5. nealvan

nealvan

Ok I'll surly try them too. Thank you for the advice. Looking up now to try them. Thanks again.

I would like quite a few more options. A dozen isn't too many for me to try. It is very tedious looking though google. So if there are any other forex platforms/services I have this thread bookmarked so more suggestions would be very helpful and I will be checking for weeks to come. This is great, thanks again!

Neal V.

6. nealvan

nealvan

7. nealvan

nealvan

So hey some of these sites are also for futures? If so would you be able to tell me if I were to trade futures is it similar to options trading which I have alot of experience. I always wanted to trade natural resources. Please let me know..

-Neal

8. I didn't mishear you. I was just offering a suggestion. You need "a good forex broker that has good customizable charts", the combination doesn't go hand in hand in my experience (and I've tested many FX brokers).

MT4 is great for charts, but the MT4 brokers (dealing desks) are not the best to trade with. IB's IdealPro ECN is the best retail option outside of the institutional platforms. IB's java charts are nothing to write home about though. Thus I (and others) use IB for execution, MT4 demos for charting. I also use QuoteTracker for charts as well (using IB's data directly).

9. nealvan

nealvan

Oh ok I thought I may have worded the question incorrectly being new at forex and thank you I do value your advice. I'm in the process of trying these suggestions as time dictates and I'll let you know how it went.

10. nealvan

nealvan

Thanks you that is highly valuable advice. I'm going to have to get some working hand's on knowledge on this next.

#10     Dec 1, 2007