Taiwan must label its products as "Made in Taiwan, China"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by earth_imperator, Aug 7, 2022.

1. "
    Apple asks suppliers in Taiwan to label products as made in China – report
    [...] to label components bound for mainland China as made in “Chinese Taipei” or “Taiwan, China”. The labels are required in order to comply with a longstanding but previously unenforced rule that requires imported goods to suggest the island is part of the People’s Republic of China.
    [...]
    "

2. TheDawn

TheDawn

Apple is such a sellout. It's got no spine. What if Taiwan says no? It's going to move its production to where exactly? North Korea? LOL

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    vanzandt, NoahA, heispark and 3 others like this.
  3. TheDawn

TheDawn

And I am going to ask to move this thread to the appropriate forum section. This doesn't belong in "Wall Street News".

Gambit likes this.
  4. heispark

heispark

When can we see 'Made in USA' iPhones? I'd pay extra $200 for Made in USA iphones. Do we have Made in China Rolex watches or Louis Vuiton bags? o_O

NoahA likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, you do. For decades. Just because is says "Made in USA" does not mean it is not fake.

6. DaveV

DaveV

Production has very little to do with it. But 280 million iPhone users in China do.

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. TheDawn

TheDawn

If Apple needs to be that desperate in retaining a country's market for its products, it needs to seriously rethink and put more effort into improving the quality and functionality of its products instead of concentrating so much on appeasing some regime's political egos. None of Google's products including its Android phone (which is far far superior to iPhone btw) have ever been allowed to even set foot in China, I don't see Google worrying.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  8. maxinger

maxinger

and Taiwan Index has been up 3% since last Thursday.

9. TheDawn

TheDawn

I know. Pelosi should visit there more often. As a matter of fact, the whole world should visit Taiwan more often to make China get used to other countries visiting its "sovereign" territory.

10. Peter8519

Peter8519

I grab this China Android vs iPhone OS market share from Statista.com. All China mobile phone makers use Android.

statista.jpg

#10     Aug 8, 2022