Tape Reading Resource Request.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zghorner, Sep 7, 2022.

1. zghorner

zghorner

I've shortened my trading times quit a bit and find myself watching order flow. Do any of you know of any books, articles, or videos with good info on reading the tape? Id like some type of fundamental guide on what I am seeing.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Yes because trading is exactly the same as it was in the 1930s. Hint: displayed liquidity a fraction of what it once was post reg nms. :)

3. zghorner

zghorner

Yea man...really trying to up my bucket shop game.

4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

there is a way to apply math to the tape, once you see it in action - you can go back to the tape and recognize the patterns much easier and faster. when i refer to tape now, i am thinking quote screen.

zghorner likes this.
  5. There are a number of books I've come across from the very early 1900s on tape-reading. To be honest, I have been debating for a while to add them to my library. I known some top hedge-fund traders who still read wall street books from well over 100 years ago.

MarkBrown and zghorner like this.
  6. qlai

qlai

SMB capital YouTube has many good videos for equities

zghorner likes this.
  7. Peter8519

Peter8519

MarkBrown and zghorner like this.
  8. I probably will get laughed at for recommending Humphrey B Neil’s old book on the tape. All the old books with decades of staring at TS, LL2 kind of help with the visual and gut rhythm of the tape.

zdreg and zghorner like this.
  9. y
    %%
    YES;
    rereading Rem... of a Stock Operator. his numbers include but not limited to this order $40\37/40/40/45/$50.................................................
    Even though 1909 US dollars were worth more/ they still apply :caution::caution:

TrailerParkTed and zghorner like this.