Target

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Jul 26, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

My latest pig. Its had a nice run off its lows. Picked up some ITM puts this A.M.

Of all the brick and mortar retailers Amazon will hurt, ...this is numbero uno. (Office Depot and Staples aside, they're already dead) Too much overhead, not enough traffic. And they went into the grocery business! Laughable. Who's gonna buy vegetables at Target? (unless they are in the store for other reasons and then its convenience) Between AMZN and Wally World... they will be back to below $70 soon enough.

Not to mention the controversy over their bathroom policy that is still generating negative press.

$76.50 as I type. Nice short over the AMZN earnings release. Oink!

2. Handle123

Handle123

One thing to sell veggies and another to sell expensive veggies at Target, I don't know anyone who buys food from Mall type target, major hassle.

What is with bathroom policy?

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

LOL.....Some politically correct transgender thing I think... I dunno...but its pissed a lot of people off. Evangelicals and far right have boycotted the stores. Its not going to help the stock thats for sure.

OT: I was reading about your diet yesterday.... Too bad you don't live near me, I could load you up with lots of tomatoes and fresh basil. My basil is going nuclear this year for some reason. Gonna need a bush-hog to harvest it.

4. They said that transgenders would be permitted to use either bathroom.
    A lot of people disagree with it but if the law requires it, you don't have much choice.
    ---------------

Anyhow, I buy most all of my groceries at Target.
    The women that shop at Target are better looking than the ones that shop at WalMart and about 30 or 40 years younger than the ones that shop at Albertson's.

Albertson's is a lot more expensive than Target, Kroger's closed their stores around here and Aldi's is okay but the choice is limited.

Whole Foods is nice but expensive .

WalMart has too many groceries stacked in the aisles and the lanes are narrow.

I like Target. They have everything I need as well as household items.

It works for me.

5. TradeCat

TradeCat

I'm taking the other side of this bet. Buying October 80 Calls. Thanks for the tip :D

6. Amalgam

Amalgam

TGT has been selling groceries for awhile now. Is that really your bear thesis?

7. Handle123

Handle123

I go to Albertsons for Veggies and fruits if on sale, actually don't buy anything unless it on sale there, LOL

We have this one called Food City, they say they sell at cost plus 10% more at cash register, but again, just buy sale items. But I buy so little considering I generally eat raw foods cept eggs, no meats, no fish, little salt, damn, hardly anything left.

Hey, when is Jerry going to step down, he just can't be successful as GM or player development, who they have for Romo when it goes down again? They should sign that dumb dumb ex QB from A&M, has talent but can't grow up? Just throwing money away. It be before long all the good QBs be gone as they are aging. Really surprised none of them get hurt bad after they throw an interception, only time to can rough up QB.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ca-Ching.... 70% overnight.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Good trade. And good AAPL trade. I bet you've been doing this for a long time. And if you haven't, be warned: your hubris will catch up to you.

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

A real long time.

The apple trade was almost a three bagger via the $93 calls... and admittedly, that was gambling to a slight degree... but I just knew the thing was gonna go up. It was obvious to me at least. Between Cramer's negativity Friday and that downgrade Monday..... pffff..... It had to go up. $103 was a gift though.

As for HD and TGT...... those are skill.

#10     Jul 27, 2016