Tesla 2023

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by VicBee, Jan 1, 2023.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Figured I'd start the year with the company that seems to steer too much emotions with an impressive sample. I wonder how many ICE or other EVs can reach 1M miles with warranty covering all replaced parts.

https://www.benzinga.com/tech/22/06/27771874/a-2014-tesla-has-surpassed-1-million-miles-driven-4
    2014 Tesla Has Surpassed 1 Million Miles Driven, But One Component Had To Be Replaced 8 Times
    byBenzinga EV Insights, Benzinga Staff Writer
    December 31, 2022 7:10 PM | 1 min read

ZINGER KEY POINTS
    • The vehicle's original battery was replaced at 746,000 miles.
    • The electric motor was replaced 8 times, all under warranty.
    [​IMG]
    One concern about electric vehicles is battery longevity. As the battery is used, charged, and discharged, its useful life is depleted. This is seen in cell phones. Many cell phone users notice that their battery doesn't last quite as long after 2 or 3 years of use.

But a Tesla Inc TSLA+1.12%+ Free Alerts
    owner is putting that fear to rest, along with assuring the rest of a Tesla vehicle is up to the task of adding hundreds of thousands of miles to the odometer. As shared by Teslarati, Model S owner Hansjörg von Gemmingen has passed the 1 million mile mark on the Odometer of his Tesla Model S. But not all the original parts made it to the 1 million mile mark.

First, Gemmingen's battery was replaced at 746,000 miles, still quite the feat when many believe electric car batteries won't last 100,000 miles.

He is still using the second battery, meaning his current battery has over 250,000 miles of driven distance. Although, Gemmingen acknowledges that he has also had the electric motor replaced 8 times. Luckily, the Model S has an 8-year, unlimited mile warranty on these parts, so they were all covered under warranty.

Next, Gemmingen is planning on purchasing his next EV. He is pondering buying the Lucid Air, and setting new all-electric records.

Meanwhile, Benzinga data shows analysts are overwhelmingly bullish on Tesla's stock, with 11 Buy ratings and two Overweight ratings.

TimtheEnchanter and Rams Fan like this.
  2. I don't think they provide unlimited mileage warranties for these 2 parts since 2020.

They warranty is still 8 years but now come with a mileage cap, still pretty good if you ask me.

Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty
    The Battery and Drive Unit in your vehicle are covered for a period of:

Model S, Model X 8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.

Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.

Model 3 Long Range, Model 3 Performance, Model Y Long Range, Model Y Performance 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.

https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Are you asking which other OEM's respect their warranties? Is that what you're asking?

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Having to replaced an electric motor 8 times is not something (if I was a Elon Fanboi, thankfully not) would be bringing attention to.

Rams Fan likes this.
  5. Rams Fan

Rams Fan

I might have to revise my price target lower. $5 seems overly optimistic based on this new information.

6. M.W.

M.W.

How can this example dare to be used to promote Tesla? Electric engine are a lot less finicky than fossil fuel engines and yet it has to be replaced EIGHT times? Gotta be kidding me. Only shows how shitty the entire tesla and supplier workmanship really is. A decent Toyota engine lasts with good care easily 300k miles. But that is an engine that has over 100 times more moving parts than an electric engine. To be fair an Ev has usually at least 2 if not 4 electric motors. Yet its still incomprehensible how such motors break so frequently. Industrial strength electric motors usually last orders of magnitude longer.

To me this is one more reason to stay short. With an increasing rate of warranty repairs now plaguing the company the true crappy quality of its products is hitting the books.

Translation of the story: basically all the essential and moving parts of the car had to be replaced several times over. What a fucking joke, this is gen Z Tesla Fan boy click bait bullshit.

Rams Fan likes this.
  7. VicBee

VicBee

LOL, glad to have nearly all the Tesla haters in one thread.

Like was pointed out, this is a pre 2020 S with unlimited miles warranty. Tesla was aware that its motor was a weak point and offered the extended warranty. No recalls necessary.

My buddy's Porsche 911 required 2 engine replacements in 20 years. The first was under warranty but the 2nd came to 30k, just about the value of his car today. Shit cars?

8. I guess it depends how often they push it close to or over the red line.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  9. VicBee

VicBee

I forgot, ICE vehicles have a red line.

10. M.W.

M.W.

Tesla builds shit cars, shit motors, and sources shit batteries. Period. The only reason customers pay a premium is for the warranty so their cars don't fall apart after a few months.

#10     Jan 2, 2023