The biggest mistake I've ever made in trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jamie J., Aug 29, 2016.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Hello, friends! How are you? Today I want to speak with you about the following... We so often make mistakes that lead us to undesirable losses. But I think that a good trader is someone who knows how to deal with them. My mistake was the lack of a clear sequence, and I just did not know how to organize the whole trading process. But over time (thanks to literature and professional guidelines), my knowledge and also the results are improved.

What can you tell about your mistakes? How did you overcome them?

cvds16 likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

By shorting Radio Shack. And then Sears holdings.

Now its Tesla. ;)

3. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Trading the US employment data just before release with a market stop. Was down approx. $1K in one move. lol

4. You're one of those people... o_O:p ...who place bets before (or after) reports.

The markets are part art, part science...not always rational. -- if trading were as Easy and Clear cut as buying after a report was good, and shorting after a bad report....then Everyone would be millionaires__
    Being a millionaire from trading is a very small, tiny elite club -- no pun intended.

But to answer this thread topic:
    my biggest mistake(s) all happened when I first jumped into the market -- You name it...I made every typical, average, rookie trader mistake in the book...
    Experience is a beautiful teacher.

Watch trading and finance documentaries.-- it helps to somewhat condition your feeble and weak mind;

Watch them over and over again.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Vindago likes this.
  5. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

This was when I first started trading...a few years ago now. I still trade the news but after it's released, not before ;)

6. Redneck

Redneck

The biggest mistake I've ever made in trading.

Time was..., I would have responded - getting into trading in the first place

The multiple account blow outs

The time I never fathomed the gov outlawing shorting financials

The fat fingers..., the bone headed trades..., blah..., blah..., blah

So many from which to choose only one - I can't

===============

The biggest mistake ever - quitting before reaching one's goal (whatever the goal)

imo of course

RN

7. JackRab

JackRab

Hey @Jamie J. ... I've noticed you post a lot of these type of questions.... what's your aim, are you writing a book or something?

8. Jones75

Jones75

I've seen the video before, and each time I still thoroughly enjoy it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Why it`s always near the goal,no matter the time spent?

10. Holding positions overnight through presidential elections without realizing the risk. I was down 30k overnight.

#10     Aug 30, 2016
    BDonovan and lovethetrade like this.