the end of UK.. RIP.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Batman28, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Cesko

Cesko

Regardless of current events I will always prefer Anglo-Saxon world to French, Russian or anything else. (I am Slavic mostly)

#51     Jan 19, 2009
  2. #52     Jan 19, 2009
  3. nitro

nitro

I am surprised that instead of all the cock fighting, people aren't discussing the ramifications of many of the countries in the EU adopting the Euro. UK declined.

I really don't know, I am just wondering if this would have made UK fair better. I suppose it helps those with trade more so than just those countries with financial services...

Perhaps the real questions should be, how bad would things be for those countries had they not joined the ECB during this financial turmoil?

#53     Jan 19, 2009
  4. pound printing 1.445, if we break 1.44 it's pain in the street, already people are feeling it, everything that is imported is going up in price.

the swiss fondue at tesco that used to cost £2.49 is now £5.79, US Dahon bikes prices have increased 25%, there is maybe deflation on UK produced goods (there ain't that many) but huge inflation on everything imported. People are feeling the pain.

There is no deflation, there is inflation

#54     Jan 19, 2009
  5. The Brit's were too arrogant for the EUR. They thought their Sterling Pound was something they didn't want to give up for a currency they'd have to share with "dirty French rats" and "fat German slobs".

Now the pompous Brits are paying the price. All their Lord and Duke titles don't help when they can't pay the EUR denominated mortgage for that Cote d'Azur Villa. I feel no sympathy for their misery.

#55     Jan 19, 2009
  6. just21

just21

The only revolution this country is seeing is an Islamic one. Four branches of Starbucks trashed in the last week.

#56     Jan 19, 2009
  7. nitro

nitro

#57     Jan 19, 2009
  8. nitro

nitro

I think I would live in Prague if I lived in Europe.

#58     Jan 19, 2009
  9. What a load of shit,ask Spain,Italy,Greece,Ireland and Germany if they would take back their old currency in a second,they hate the euro all for different reasons.

Who cares who you feel sympathy for anyway,if you stopped pissing around on the internet and actually did some trades you might put yourself in a position to get yourself a villa on Cote d'Azur instead of being a jealous prick laughing at others misfortune.

It always amazes me just how ignorant some people are,are you that stupid that you think everyone in the UK has titles?There are 60 million people here you idiot!

#59     Jan 19, 2009
  10. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

You don't know what you're talking about.
    I can speak for Italy, it's the opposite: we hated the old Lira, worthless because our politicians continually debased it.
    Thank god (and the Delors commission :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delors_Commission) we have the euro now.

#60     Jan 19, 2009