The Grinch Who Crashed Wall Street... Santa Selloff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Dec 2, 2021.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I've been anticipating more selling since September.... maybe now's the time?

I was right to short oil weeks ago with SCO, and natural gas with KOLD. And small caps with TZA.

What do you think? I'm looking for a correction here.

Targets s&p 4300 btc 44k by dec31

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    CALLumbus likes this.
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

You're fighting a strong trend and strong seasonality. The Grinch did sort of steal Christmas in 2018, but the market came roaring back the last few days of December....then 2019 was a banner year for stocks.

d08 and KCalhoun like this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Tru re seasonality, good point... at least volatility is picking up with recent VIX spikes... should be interesting weeks ahead.

MKTrader likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

That was because of Trump's Tweet..."Looks like a good time to buy stocks". THAT is what kicked off the rally.

vanzandt and Bugsy like this.

5. So, December is overall a good months for stocks on average, but you are 100% sure it was a Trump tweet? LOL, you are the gift that keeps on giving! Merry Christmas!

6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

In the interest of disclosure we should note you have been calling for a correction every month since April 2020. And that you made numerous really, really bad calls on shorting Oil this year ( you started a thread to buy SCO twice within a day of a massive rally in WTI ). I was quite confidant that the moment anything corrected you'd be on here saying you called it. So here we are.

I'll give you KOLD was potentially a good trade but I doubt you really had any size in it until it hit $10. Just for reference, the performance of your favorites Thursday and premarket today :

SCO -5%, premkt -4.6%
    KOLD +6%, premkt -6.5%
    UVXY -8.6%
    TZA -8.4%, premkt + 1%

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  7. nursebee

nursebee

Try TSLA again, this time put your money where your keyboard is.

8. GotherL

GotherL

Omicron is not as deadly than the other variants the only reason we are not seeing a complete selloff.

Major indexes are extremely indecisive but downside pressure seems much heavier.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Bugsy likes this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

#10     Dec 3, 2021