The Price of an M.B.A. at This School? Free

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rmorse, Oct 15, 2015.

1. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Gambit likes this.
  2. In a time where degrees are decreasing in value, this is just another step in the direction of online (and free) education.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Online educations don't compare.

4. With an MBA - yes, for now. But in broader terms I think entire industries are changing too fast for universities and colleges to adapt and provide a "guarantee" - a diploma - that you are an expert in the field.

5. How does it not compare? MBA programs are garbage to start with. No hard skills are taught. It's a networking circus with paper crown as reward in the end. Most MBA programs today are even taught via video conferencing or a combination of that and classroom teaching. Pretty close to online learning in terms of content. Reputation wise there are differences but again it's basically because of the different screening process. If you had an online program that only admits the best of the best then the reputation will be accordingly high.

i960 likes this.
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

ASU was also recently ranked the "most innovative" by US news. Makes me a proud Sun Devil.

7. Rankings are one thing but where does the business school of that uni rank in terms of starting salary, time lag between graduation and job start, percentage of students who do internships and get full time offers at time xyz....

There is an international uni ranking. Conducted by an institute in Shanghai that placed Carnegie Mellon 2 or 3 ranks above Rutgers at rank 63. Quite the joke if you are familiar with both universities.

8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I went to NYU. I could have dealt with more Sun!

9. Gambit

Gambit

#10     Oct 15, 2015
    rmorse likes this.