"The Yawn": Trump sez he will sign China deal on ..........ZzzzZzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tommcginnis, Dec 31, 2019.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Key Points
    • President Donald Trump says he will sign the “phase one” trade deal with China at the White House on Jan. 15.
    • The president says he will travel to Beijing “at a later date” to start talks toward a second part of the trade agreement

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/31/trump-says-he-will-sign-phase-one-china-trade-deal-jan-15-at-the-white-house.html?__source=newsletter|breakingnews

Trump sez "BIG-liest!"

Mkt sez "Zzzzz-zzzzz-zzzz"
    (down 0.24% and headed lower into last mkt open of 2019)

Nobert and Zodiac4u like this.
  2. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

LOwer yes but not because of his Big-Liest. We were at unsustainable levels, just contracting before another continuation higher. That is if his Big liest doesnt deliver.

tommcginnis and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

anyway, this is one sided news. We need to hear from China side too.

tommcginnis, Nobert and Zodiac4u like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

reminds me I gotta dump these losers to lock in capital losses before the market closes today.

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

One half Wall Street is not in, other half it is nothing but a big yawn.

Market will do what is going to do when everyone is back and a new, clean* slate (year) begins.

* Clean as it can be with Dump and the Fed games going on, till ....

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

It won't be a clean slate, because something bad can happen between RIGHT NOW, and Jan 15th. The trade deal is not yet SIGNED.

tommcginnis and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  7. The Chinese have strung him along pretty well. No way they are signing anything meaningful. Trump must raise tariffs.

Zodiac4u and tommcginnis like this.
  8. dozu888

dozu888

you guys are blind.... look at the chart... new high after new high during the negotiations... trade war is irrelevant... just a tool my boys use to shake the tree.

dow 40000 regardless

9. Overnight

Overnight

I do not recall new high after new high during the negotiations that have been going on for over a year and a half. I recall two 10% corrections when Trump flipped his lid on Chinese reversals over "wording" in the agreement. Less than a year ago, too!

I do recall how Oct 2 this year is the mirror opposite of Oct 2 year. Between the Fed and Trump's mindless meandering and posturing, it has been a money-make year for many folks. But the instability is too much for me to bank on. I learned my lesson.

10. dozu888

dozu888

do you actually trade?

#10     Dec 31, 2019