ThinkOrSwim lagging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fishindamarket, Jun 26, 2022.

1. I'm having issues with ThinkorSwim platform lagging when alert windows pop up / drag down. The alert windows come down from the top of the screen and take 1-2 seconds to slooooowly move down so the full alert window shows up and i can click the OK button to close it out.

One example, i have my TIF set to "GTC/EXT" and i try to place a Limit order, it will not allow it unless TIF is set to "DAY" so an alert window pops up.

Anyone else having this issue?

TOS is telling me it's my GPU card. I don't think so. My system memory is running extremely high because of ThinkorSwim apps. I wonder if it's their platform and no way around it?

2. Yeah I get those slow moving alerts from the top too. Their platform also seems slow in general.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Hi fishindamarket, TOS is built to do a little of everything very well, but not fast. Lightspeed Trader is built for fast order entry and fast execution. The fast order entry comes from configurable order tickets, hot key and hot buttons. The fast execution comes from the ability to send your orders to a number of Exchanges, ECNs and Dark pools. We offer trading from 4am to 8pm et. The client loads very fast and unless you are using a larger number of charts, runs with much less RAM than software like TOS. We get a large number of our clients from brokers like TDA when they are looking for something that caters to the active trader. If you have any questions, please contact me directly. https://www.lightspeed.com/trading-platforms/lightspeed-trader

4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

How much ram you got?

5. heispark

heispark

hopeless tos .......

6. ceaser

ceaser

This will fix the lag. Go to Youtube, type in the search"trade brigade" and scroll down until you see the video "optimize thinkorswim for daytrading performance". The video is 4:20 seconds long. Make the adjustments.

7. Edmond

Edmond

I was trading oil on tos the day prior to going negative. I was in a trade and went to close it out and it took two fucking minutes. I got my ass reamed.

8. i have 32.0GB of ram
    Intel core i7-8700 CPU
    Radeon RX 580
    running 4x - 4k monitors - 2x 27'' and 2x 32''

9. Thanks for the tip but i've done everything on that video previously and it doesn't help fix the issue.

10. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

yeah that's plenty. have you tried changing the memory usage settings?
    i upped mine and it runs well.

not sure if that was already covered in the video..

or maybe just do an uninstall and reinstall. start fresh.

upload_2022-6-28_9-8-47.png

#10     Jun 28, 2022