Today might be a down day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by David's faith, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Risk off is the trade of the day - USD up, Equities down, Futures down... China is having a Lehmann Brothers alike crackdown

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/d...yment-bonds-no-longer-eligible#comment-stream
    Combine that with the ended stimmys for US jobless and we are in for big red bars.

Depending on the upcoming events related to this this might be the correction bears had waited for.
    Props to Dest, without you I had ignored any bearish signals this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  2. cesfx

cesfx

I guess it will all depend on Xi.
    I try not to imagine a 2008 like crash caused by China.

3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Yeah the air's thin up here, looking for action in wsb memes CLOV AMC, and inverses UVXY SQQQ TZA etc if red days ahead

CALLumbus likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Luckily day traders are not worried about that.

we are more interested to know if the market is trendy or not,
    and if the day range is going to be huge or not.

rb7, yc47ib and KCalhoun like this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Last week's rangers were awful, tight, hopeful better ranges this week..... range is everything

CALLumbus likes this.
  6. This morning doesn't look too bad... futures pointing to a green open, and VIX futures down slightly. From a calendar standpoint, there's just a handful of earnings and not many economic data drops. The potential catalysts could be from Fedspeak (5-6 Fed officials are speaking), which may impact sentiment. May be fadeable if occurs.

Bloomberg notes that the weak August jobs data may not actually push back the Feds Taper (as believed by many market participants).

7. Specterx

Specterx

What's a down day?

8. maxinger

maxinger

I think it is a day where the market decides to lie down and take a nap.

9. I have the same question, Ive heard about them from old timers.

10. They still happen from time to time. Just not any follow through (yet).

#10     Sep 7, 2021