Trading from Mexico Quintana Roo / Cancun / Playa Del Carmen / Tulum

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Deva, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Deva

Deva

Checking in to see if other traders in the Quintana Roo area. I am full time equity trading and providing research to hedge funds. Love to connect and community with others in the area.

playatrading likes this.
  2. hilmy83

hilmy83

I remember trading from Cancun/Isla mujeres, worst fucking experience ever.

3. Deva

Deva

How so?

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I assume the internet was not reliable and slow.

5. hilmy83

hilmy83

Yes it was slow as hell through the hotel WiFi. I ended up just buying extra data from Verizon at the time

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

depending on the year, likely slow af "broadband". Likely better off getting a cell w/data plan while there.

7. destriero

destriero

Yeah, you're better off using a cell hotspot. We go to Mexico once a year and I get flat before I go. No point in dealing with the latency and drops. Speeds in PV were like 3-5Mbps down.

Dual 1219 likes this.
  8. Fixed line is great here :)
    Telcel 4G is about half that
    dest.png

OP's on the other side of the continent from me & PV though.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  9. Stockboy

Stockboy

Greetings,

so,. how is trading from there? How is the internet connection? so far seems members dont think the internet connection is good

10. Deva

Deva

Sure, from Tulum I tried living in a cabana on the beach for 4 months without wifi. Therefor for am trading I needed a perfect routine having breakfast @ alma tulum when it open @ 7.30 am for premarket. I stayed grounded with feet in sand trading from there. / for premarket i alternated Alma with Nomade hotell which open 8 am ish but you can go a bit earlier. Basicly to change the breakfast as alma gets bit boring . I alternate50 / 50 and found Alma wifi stable enough and nomade also for my trading but sitting on those trendy low seated marrican pillows get tiiring after couple hours / after breakfast it was a long beach walk over to Zebra Hotel and neighbour hotel Sanara which both has stable and decent internet . Zebra is really stable though I prefer lunch @ sanara . These 4 beach hotels is the optimal to trade from for my taste and the carribean oceanview and swimming is spectacular when you want a brake. // in Tulum you also get fiber at aldea zama complex but yeah I preffered beach when in Tulum. // Playa del Carmen is easy to find fiber and you get stable 12mbp down and 4up in modern living complexes. / Bacalar is kinda a step back i find wifi there a bit to unstable at most places. // to sum up I feel like Playa Del Carmen is most viable for a trading community

#10     Sep 11, 2020
    playatrading, matrik and Stockboy like this.