Trading is indeed an Addiction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Innervoice, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Innervoice

Innervoice

Trading is an addiction, no doubt. How many traders keep getting sucked in and then having the market violently reverse? You need to constantly research the Markets and constantly come up with that one strategy that may just work. It usually never does in a bear.
    Its a tough game and this market is worse than 2008 and 2000-2002.
    The fed has no bullets- there is no floor.

MACD likes this.

2. No sh*t Sherlock. :):):D Well said and well observed. The Markets can kill more americans than the civil War squared in just one ogonblick - like today!!!! Coffins galore, ambulances in vast numbers.

3. Innervoice

Innervoice

How did U know my name was Sherlock ?
    I used to be a defective in England.
    Anyway, these markets are dangerous for both shorts and longs.

4. Well the only thing I'll comment on is that if your strategy completely falls apart in a bear market, than you either A) Lack the ability to apply context to it and/or B) You didn't actually have a winning strategy based on solid market concepts of how the markets actually work, you were just being carried by a bull market.

MACD, Handle123, TheDawn and 2 others like this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

If you can't find a strategy that works in bear markets ... you are not a trader. But yes you are an addict.

spooz and murray t turtle like this.
  6. How so?

By tough, I can only assume that you mean that it can often feel like there's always a bid in this market. Meaning - you need to be nimble when shorting and take those profits.

I didn't trade in 2008 / 2000, so I have no idea what that was like.

Darc likes this.
  7. Innervoice

Innervoice

agree .

8. Speak for yourself.. this statement is obviously false

9. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

sounds like you got caught in todays down move but really its just a trading range
    (high of yesterday down to low of yesterday)

your risk is too high relative to your stop (if you have one) thats all, once you adjust for that its just
    another day.

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Did OP mention a symbol or even a market that I missed?

#10     Sep 27, 2022