Trend Following-Trend Commandments

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Jun 22, 2011.

1. #501     Aug 24, 2012
  2. Bloody mippet #

#502     Aug 24, 2012
  3. The bottom 1/3 of your post most emphasizes change (delta is your term) And you suggest another alternate (you use the prefix non).

The HS I use is where your "change" is my continuation (See Dodd, Granville)

Since I see your "non" as a place for data suppression, therefore, were I you I would concentrate on fleshing out these separate and unrelated (on a given level of logic) things.

One clue about this focal point is that you have less than half the degrees of freedom I have seen others use. By adding the missing links, you may be able to avoid the consequences of picking one choice out of three.

As you are accustomed to using probability and switching the place in events you address, I know that you do know you are introducing unecessary, what you call, systemic risk unnecessarily.

I see you are having a contest at the Coronado. Do you ever do challenges that are not founded on anger, etc...

#503     Aug 25, 2012
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

[​IMG]

#504     Aug 25, 2012
  5. Intraday trend following at work, check out this video:

<!-- copy and paste. Modify height and width if desired. --> <object name="Video" type="video/x-ms-wmv" width="1280" height="1057"> <param name="url" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/Spectre/folders/Default/media/d3dae97a-7563-4521-b023-876ca09d6077/TrendlinesSupportResistance.wmv"></param> <param name="src" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/Spectre/folders/Default/media/d3dae97a-7563-4521-b023-876ca09d6077/TrendlinesSupportResistance.wmv"></param> <param name="AutoStart" value="0"></param> <param name="ShowControls" value="true"></param> <param name="uiMode" value="full"></param> <param name="playCount" value="1"></param> <param name="CurrentPosition" value="0"></param> </object>

http://www.screencast.com/t/CPdTSn4rmp

turn down volume if the music is not your taste.

#505     Aug 25, 2012

6. Ha ha, classic.

I took Marketsurfer's advice and put the guy on ignore, glad I did... He's like the batshit crazy aunt at the family reunion, standing in the flower garden talking to the plants...

#506     Aug 26, 2012
  7. Dare I say you are over-intellectualizing. There is a reason why traders with the equivalent of high school educations have made millions, while many a PhD has crapped out. Intuitive / experiential understanding can be far superior to theoretical understanding - while it is obviously desirable to have both, if you can only have one then intuitive / experiential wins, for the same reason a hawk can catch a pigeon without knowing shit about vectors or air speed dynamics. The hawk does not have 'answers' for anything, it just does what it does. See Nassim Taleb's expositions on Fat Tony vs Dr. John for more on intuitive vs intellectual.

#507     Aug 26, 2012
  8. What the hell is an iconic plume?

#508     Aug 26, 2012
  9. It's amazing how your (sic) wormhole always appears at the same time on the chart... during the dead-zone. Amazing insight!

#509     Aug 26, 2012
  10. A squeeze indicator narrows before breakouts , it looks like a dead zone.Beauty is in the of the beholder.

#510     Aug 26, 2012