Trump may rattle the markets tomorrow

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Oct 6, 2017.

1. There's a lot of inside talk about Tillerson resigning or getting fired tomorrow. Trump has made some ominous comments at a military meeting saying, "This is the calm before the storm." Tillerson, Mattis and Mnuchin had previously made a suicide pact if any of them got removed by Trump.

The executive branch continues to implode -- I can't see the market not reacting to a major shake-up if the dominoes start to fall tomorrow.

I'd watch this story closely.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon...

Tony Stark and aphexcoil like this.
  3. So what you're saying is, that if all you democrats suddenly decide to tell the pollsters that you support Trump, you could actually stop a war?

Hmm...so lets see what's more important...democrat's pride, or millions of people dead. Your move dems.

4. I am not a democrat Peil. I'm foreign though I own land in the US and have LOADS of cousins there. This is why I know that "Peil" means:
    (a) Football. (b) Large potato, large turnip.

In Gaelic.

5. This presidency is a fucking joke.

‘Calm before the storm’ remark was Trump ‘just trolling all of you’: White House staffer

An unnamed White House source told Axios.com that President Donald Trump’s ominous “calm before the storm” remark from a White House photo shoot was just the president “trolling” the media.

Axios political reporter Jonathan Swan told MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle Friday morning, “I think there’s a high degree of probability that he’s trolling everyone.”

A White House official who asked to remain nameless told Swan, “Don’t you get it? He’s trolling all of you.”

However, as Swan noted, with a room full of top military leaders, to “troll” about such matters “could have serious consequences.”

“But this is what he does with national security,” he explained, an erratic “madman kind of approach” to policy that’s intended to keep his adversaries off-balance.

“Obviously,” Swan concluded, “there are risks to that kind of conduct.”

Slartibartfast likes this.