Trump on the market bubble

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Please keep the discussion to the Fed's rate. Thanks...

“Now, look, we have the worst revival of an economy since the Great Depression. And believe me: We’re in a bubble right now. And the only thing that looks good is the stock market, but if you raise interest rates even a little bit, that’s going to come crashing down.

We are in a big, fat, ugly bubble. And we better be awfully careful. And we have a Fed that’s doing political things. This Janet Yellen of the Fed. The Fed is doing political—by keeping the interest rates at this level. And believe me: The day Obama goes off, and he leaves, and goes out to the golf course for the rest of his life to play golf, when they raise interest rates, you’re going to see some very bad things happen, because the Fed is not doing their job.”

--Donald Trump, Presidential Debate at Hofstra University, September 26, 2016

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...ier?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-widget

Nobert, ges, ET180 and 4 others like this.
  2. Nice.

3. gaussian

gaussian

Looks like Trump isn't looking out for America after all. No surprises here. Keeping interest rates low and probably thinking about sending them negative is exactly what globalists want. He's hardly a populist!

ges and SunTrader like this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

5. gaussian

gaussian

6. S2007S

S2007S

7. ironchef

ironchef

He was just following the tried and true script: Criticize those inside when you are outside and pad yourself on the back when you are inside doing the same.

SunTrader, jys78 and damon_achey like this.
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Fed is being more political, is what he said at the rallies and what did he do to change that the last 3 years????

That's right, absolutely nothing.

ges, AKUMATOTENSHI and SunTrader like this.
  9. SteveM

SteveM

Between 3 Fed rate cuts, $50 billion a day in repo, trillion dollar per year deficits despite 3.5% unemployment, and the biggest corporate tax cut in 40 years...this is the most fiscally stimulative backdrop imaginable for the economy.

I can only imagine what candidate Trump would be saying about all of this if he weren't president.

S2007S likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

If Trump wasn't president, we wouldn't have had the three rate cuts and there would not have been that favorable corporate tax cut, and Yellen would probably still be head of Fed. I figure the markets would look different right now.

#10     Feb 4, 2020
    SteveM likes this.