TSLA/SCTY

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Sep 21, 2016.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

There are still obstacles in the way of Tesla and SolarCity integration. Some shareholders are trying to block the deal, giving the claims against the company. If the companies will overcome the difficulties and be united, this step can add value for Tesla and SolarCity, as they have successful experience of cooperation in the field of alternative energy. It's believed that it shouldn't require more resources and won't slow down business processes. And do you have the same opinion? What could happen?

2. I am pretty sure that this whole idea of the merger belongs to Musk and no one else in both companies wasn't asked, which is quite disturbing because from the business side it does not make much sense. Most likely SCTY is running out of cash and Elon wants to save his company, but at the same time he can seriously harm Tesla.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

One unprofitable company and another deep in the red company equals, what? Elusive profits? Did that ever happen in business history?

4. Looking at the charts I would not go long or short TSLA just yet. If TSLA breaks the 200 day then I would short it. In the end it really does not matter to traders like myself how profitable the company is or is not. I follow the charts and money flow of the stock, thats what matters to me.

5. Vegas - I agree. However, my thinking is that soon Tesla will be facing a lot more competition than they have today.
    That's gotta have a huge impact on it's price.

6. Agreed, a lot of auto manufacturers are switching to EVs, they main competitor for Tesla in this niche is going to be Mercedes, they made some real badass cars and a lot of them remind me Tesla's models.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not to mention a cash crunch.
    They'll be knocking on Tom Cook's door soon enough.

8. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Do you think so? It seems to me that this is the least that could happen.:)

9. Here it is.........solar tiles for your roof ....in 3 colors !
    It looks good. He did not say how many watts they would produce, how much it would cost or when they would be available though.

One consideration would be weight because roofing shingles are heavy. But, they appeared to be quite lite. So, that is a plus.

His public speaking skills were weak...uhhh, uhhh, ummm, but I'll put it down to very little preparation time. He looked kinda tired too.

Great idea though....if you had energy efficient appliances, good insulation and these tiles connected to a Tesla Battery...it's possible you could produce as much energy as your home consumed and you would not need the power company.

#10     Oct 28, 2016