TWS Deleted Chart/Tab Layout

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by zghorner, Dec 5, 2022.

1. zghorner

zghorner

upload_2022-12-5_9-30-36.png

i clicked on unlock layout to see if it would highlight my charts in green but nope...

upload_2022-12-5_9-31-53.png

any tips on preventing this from happening in the future?

2. gtober

gtober

Under FILE - LAYOUT SETTINGS there is a "Save Layout Settings" option. Save them to you desktop. This is also where you may be able to recover your settings.

zghorner likes this.
  3. zghorner

zghorner

I saved a different tab layout like you said but it wont allow me to import those settings into a new tab. any tips?

4. easymon1

easymon1

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  5. zghorner

zghorner

easymon1 likes this.
  6. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Method one: Restore layout without reporting (mentioned above)
    Method two: Open two TWS. One with the old (which is restored) and one with the new with the messed up tab; Drag and drop the single tab you want into the TWS Layout you want. Rename the tab. Save the layout.

The dinosaur, requires tending often.... :thumbsup::rolleyes:

gtober likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Take your time.
    I'll look around while you take care of your own biz. Thanks for the "easy to add".
    -
    set up bracket orders on TWS
    https://www.dogpile.com/serp?q=set+up+bracket+orders+on+TWS

8. gtober

gtober

TWS is really flaky with this. I ran into a bout of losing my settings all the time and could rarely re-establish.

TWS will have multiple saved layouts. When you go to load you should have one per day for a week. Work your way back from today until you find one that works. That's what I had to do every day for a month or two. FILE-LAYOUT SETTINGS-RECOVERY

Then I got in the habit of saving layout every day. To the desktop. This was at the recommendation of TWS support.

easymon1 and zghorner like this.
  9. zghorner

zghorner

bottom of screen click the "+" for a new tab -> name it whatever -> click "create"

upload_2022-12-5_15-51-35.png

upper left of screen click "new window" -> "chart" -> drag for it to be as big as you want

upload_2022-12-5_15-54-10.png

Top of chart click "edit" -> "studies" and this window pops up

upload_2022-12-5_15-55-49.png

In the "available studies" box, type either "ema" or "sma" or "pivot"...Ill do sma for now

upload_2022-12-5_15-58-32.png

double click the indicator you wish to add, in this case "simple moving avg." In the window to the right with the red arrow you can adjust the time period. Click "apply" to save it. Double click on sma once again to add it again and adjust the time for it as well. Click "OK" once you've clicked apply and added all of the indicators you want. Also worth noting is you can adjust the color of the indicator lines by clicking "change" next to the sample color located to the left of the red arrow.

upload_2022-12-5_16-2-10.png

for pivot points there are a lot of options...I like "pivot points high/low" and you can adjust the time period similar to the moving averages.

HERE is a list of all available indicators on TWS with a brief description. Very useful link.

Let me know if you need any help.

upload_2022-12-5_16-8-51.png

upload_2022-12-5_16-9-31.png

easymon1 likes this.
  10. zghorner

zghorner

this thing can be a PITA.

thank you for your help.

#10     Dec 5, 2022