TWS Pro users, do you feel delay of order execution?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trend2009, May 20, 2020.

1. GTHX has an ask price at 17.19, when I submitted an buy order maniually with limit price at 17.19, it took a while, possibly more than 1 second, to fill the order. I did not have the delay feeling before one year ago. what is going on here? I suspect for Limit orders, IB did not submit the order immediately to the exchange as before. doe it sell the order for others to inspect?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Were you using smart routing? Put up the exchange identifier and then route to that exchange. Is that quicker?

3. Atikon

Atikon

Did you choose Smart Routing?

4. Yes I used smart order

5. Atikon

Atikon

some say it takes longer with smart, some say with direct routing to the exchange. Guess it depends on the day and the exchange. Haven't seen an analysis what comes out on top and for whom.

6. rb7

rb7

You're doing click-trading and you're complaining about 1-sec order execution response time?

There is so much going-on between the time you click and the time you see the trade appears on your screen.

I used to use IB API to trade Futures at CME (fully automated trading), and the round-trip time was about 0.5 sec. The orders/trades were going from Montreal (Canada) to IB servers (in Connecticut I believe) to CME (servers located in Chicago I would say), and back the reverse loop for the execution/response.

Real Money and Atikon like this.
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can connect to IB servers in Chicago instead of Connecticut.

d08, Atikon and rb7 like this.
  8. kmiklas

kmiklas

You are last in the queue. Retail traders get the worst fills.

Check the thousandths place (third decimal). Is it 17.199?

9. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

Change SMART Option Routing from default Multipurpose to SMART MaxFill

TWS SMART.png

stockymuller likes this.
  10. Great information @Zor_Champ. Thank you.

Is that way as fast as sending orders to ARCA or NSDQ?

#10     Jun 30, 2020