Uruguay

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by expiated, Aug 1, 2020.

1. %%
    I like the way in Uruguay\the seasons are reversed.
    In the south blackberries are ripe July 4th; in Uruguay+ Argentina, its January 4th......................................................................................:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#21     Jan 20, 2021
  2. expiated

expiated

upload_2021-1-22_15-42-25.png

According to NTD News, in 2020 Tennessee saw the highest net gain of U-Haul trucks entering a state in a calendar year. The three main factors they listed as being responsible for the attractiveness of the state were:
    1. Low cost of living (14% lower than the national average)
    2. No income tax on Social Security or retirement account income
    3. Real estate tax is low
    Other supposed benefits of moving to southern states included:
    1. Open spaces
    2. Nightlife activities
    3. Fewer draconian lockdowns (unlike New York and California)
    4. New development/industries
    (But unfortunately, as a result, the cost of housing is going up.)

#22     Jan 22, 2021
  3. easymon1

easymon1

4. easymon1

easymon1

5. expiated

expiated

The top ten states with the highest local taxes as cited by Bill O'Reilly:

ScreenHunter_9745 Mar. 22 16.58.jpg

California is not on this list because Proposition 13 did away with high property taxes back in 1978. However, California is able to stick it to its citizens anyway via the highest minimum statewide sales tax rate in the United States (6% or 7.25% depending on who's providing the information), which can total up to 10.50% with local sales taxes included (10.25% here in Los Angeles County) as well as with astronomically high gasoline taxes (79ȼ per gallon including the state's excise tax plus federal and other taxes, according to KTLA, though O'Reilly cited 85ȼ per gallon).

I understand the cost of living is extremely high in Hawaii as well, but I guess that's just because everything costs so much over there, maybe because everybody wants to live in that paradise-like setting, or perhaps its the added expense of shipping everything out to the middle of the ocean.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    #25     Mar 23, 2021
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Simply stop being a professional reader and professional writer,
    and be a professional trader,
    and you will reach Uruguay with great luxury and lifestyle.

#26     Mar 23, 2021
  7. expiated

expiated

Economic Outlook Ranking for the 50 U.S. States

This is RichStatesPoorStates' forward-looking forecast based on each state's standing (equal-weighted average) in 15 state policy variables. Data reflect state and local rates and revenues and any effect of federal deductibility.
    1. Utah
    2. Wyoming
    3. Idaho
    4. Indiana
    5. North Carolina
    6. Nevada
    7. Florida
    8. Tennessee
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Arizona
    11. North Dakota
    12. Wisconsin
    13. South Dakota
    14. Michigan
    15. Texas
    16. Virginia
    17. New Hampshire
    18. Colorado
    19. Missouri
    20. Mississippi
    21. Georgia
    22. Arkansas
    23. Alabama
    24. Delaware
    25. Kansas
    26. Alaska
    27. Iowa
    28. West Virginia
    29. Ohio
    30. Louisiana
    31. Kentucky
    32. South Carolina
    33. Montana
    34. New Mexico
    35. Massachusetts
    36. Nebraska
    37. Maryland
    38. Pennsylvania
    39. Washington
    40. Connecticut
    41. Maine
    42. Oregon
    43. Rhode Island
    44. Hawaii
    45. Minnesota
    46. California
    47. Illinois
    48. New ersey
    49. Vermont
    50. New York

#27     Mar 30, 2021
  8. expiated

expiated

#28     May 6, 2021
  9. expiated

expiated

Wednesday / June 23, 2021 / 7:45 PM PST

It is my understanding that the Martingale system of stock trading doesn't work due to a number of drawbacks, which include:
    1. There is no way one can predict the number of successive losing trades that will take place—which means the risk will keep increasing with each trade, but the possible reward will be limited to the position size of the first trade.
    2. There are costs involved with every trade (i.e., brokerage fees, taxes, etc.) including impact costs (i.e., you may not be able to get/sell all your shares at the best bid/offer rate).
    3. There are limits placed by exchanges on exposures of individual traders and brokers, so that a trader using the Martingale system is not allowed an infinite number of chances for doubling his or her trading lot.
    However, the way I see it, using the Martingale system to trade Forex binary options is a different animal altogether—provided a trader has an edge—since the fallacy of believing past events will affect the outcome of future events will no longer be in play.

For example, Numerical Price Prediction's Irreducible Complexity Trading System makes use of a forecast model that conveys the ultimate direction in which rates are most likely headed. Consequently, if a rate does not reach a given level by a certain hour, the odds (or probability) that it will reach the designated price given more time rises dramatically. This means that eventual success no longer requires an infinite number of chances for doubling one's trading lot. Typically, one additional chance should be sufficient, or two at the most.

Of course, this all sounds great in theory, but will it actually work? To find out, I'm planning to spend some time seeing what would happen if I were to truly attempt to employ such a system, beginning with the following purchase...

ScreenHunter_10300 Jun. 23 18.56.jpg

(This is the system I plan on using should I ever move to Uruguay.)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    #29     Jun 23, 2021
  10. expiated

expiated

I am now seeing signs of bearishness in the market...

ScreenHunter_10301 Jun. 23 22.33.jpg

#30     Jun 24, 2021