USA regulating crypto

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by cesfx, Mar 9, 2022.

1. cesfx

cesfx

This is a good sign imo.
    BTC having an average 10% day, but market are up too so not that big of an impact so far, maybe expected.

Main points of the executive order signed by Biden are:
    • Consumer and investor protection
    • Financial stability
    • Illicit activity
    • U.S. competitiveness on a global stage
    • Financial inclusion
    • Responsible innovation
    They will also look at a digital dollar, the energy and climate impact, and get Treasury and the Sec to work. The fact that they want to understand well their risks and "opportunities" should be a good news for crypto's.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/09/heres-whats-in-bidens-executive-order-on-crypto.html

VicBee and johnarb like this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

I don't think this is a good sign lol...claiming it to be a "good sign" is claiming that this regulation is better than simply leaving it alone...no. Is this better than an all out ban like some countries are doing...sure...but still unwelcome IMO.

3. cesfx

cesfx

I always thought that any regulation, that is not a ban, imply some sort of acceptance.

Trader Curt, VicBee and johnarb like this.
  4. As seems to be the case, bad news comes out for Crypto, and instead of further crashing it is rallying. Haw!

5. Depends on the extent of the regulations to be honest.

VicBee and johnarb like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

I see the same pattern over and over.

7. ET180

ET180

Trades like leveraged Nasdaq. Nothing new here.

cesfx likes this.
  8. Tokenz

Tokenz

These are things they've been talking about for years, and that just confirms they are starting to act on it.

9. Regulation was always going to happen at some time and the Americans were bound to be forst

10. Tokenz

Tokenz

So in conclusion to this thread, I think it's safe to say that Bitcoin and altcoins are going nowhere but to the moon.

#10     Mar 11, 2022