Vaccine immunity is fading fast in Isreal... per Times of Isreal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 27, 2021.

1. jem

jem

HMO: Early vaccinees are twice as likely to catch COVID as later recipients
    Latest research ‘definitely’ reinforces argument for giving boosters to the elderly, says lab chief at Leumit

People vaccinated before late February are twice as likely to catch the coronavirus than other inoculated Israelis, according to new research.

“We looked at tens of thousands of people tested in the month of June, alongside data on how long had passed since their second shot, and found that those vaccinated early were more likely to test positive,” Dr. Yotam Shenhar, who headed the research, told The Times of Israel.

“This definitely reinforces the argument for giving a third vaccine dose to the elderly.”

[​IMG]

The report, published by the healthcare provider Leumit, comes on the heels of other Israeli studies that suggest a decreasing vaccine effectiveness, partly as a result of the Delta variant and partly because of the passage of time. However, British data indicates the Israeli studies may be overstating the case.

Data released by the Health Ministry on Thursday suggested that people vaccinated in January were said to have just 16% protection against infection now, while in those vaccinated in April the effectiveness was at 75%

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Editionby email and never miss our top stories
    Newsletter email address
    By signing up, you agree to the terms
    The Leumit study looked only at the apparent waning of protection over time, and divided the vaccinated population into two based on inoculation dates, comparing early vaccinators to late vaccinators.

[​IMG]
    An Israeli youth receives a COVID-19 vaccine in Tel Aviv on July 6, 2021. (Jamal Awad/Flash90)
    Shenhar, head of Leumit’s labs, acknowledged that the early vaccinators group includes many people who raced to get shots because they have underlying illnesses, which may make them more vulnerable to infection. But he said that could not fully account for the stark effect seen in the data.

Shenhar said the data should prompt the government to seriously consider booster shots for over-70s.

“Now we see vaccination effectiveness drops, so it seems we definitely need to think about a third vaccine,” he said. “We have started already by giving the immunocompromised, but in my assessment we need to consider giving third shots to everyone over 70 or 80. We shouldn’t wait long; we need to make a decision fast.”

If he were formulating policy, Shenhar said, he would “definitely” start giving boosters to elderly Israelis.

In his study, the apparent waning effect in immunity was felt across all ages. For all age groups, early vaccinators were 1.95 times more likely to be confirmed coronavirus positive. Among those aged 60-plus, early vaccinators are twice as likely to get infected. For those aged 40-59 early vaccinators are 2.1 times more vulnerable, and among under 39s they are 1.6 more likely to catch the coronavirus.

“In a previous analysis we showed that as time passes since the vaccine, the level of antibodies drops at a rate of about 40% per month. This new study builds a clearer picture of the effect seen in the months after vaccination,” said Shenhar.

Israel has seen a dramatic rise in recent COVID-19 infections, with the daily caseload rising from several dozen to over 1,400 in recent days.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-t...e-as-likely-to-catch-covid-as-later-adopters/

2. jem

jem

so for those of you who think I may be an anti vaxxer because I posted an article with data...
    My kids and I have had all the childhood required vaccines.

I support Covid vaccines for the high risk who can handle vaccines?

I believe the young and healthy (but not healthy kids) should weigh the risks.

I think its almost crazy to give the vaccine to young healthy kids with respect to the variants we currently know absent, a great deal more data. besides my kids probably caught delta in the last 2 weeks and it was a mild cold (if it was delta) .

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This is summarized in much more detail in a video that was posted recently in the Vaccine News thread. It outline the vaccination effectiveness by month of vaccination for spreading the disease, hospitalization, severe illness, etc.

Note the the vaccine effectiveness for stopping severe illness does not drop -- but stays steady over months. Only the effectiveness for stopping the spread of disease wanes over months -- with the current average for Delta being 39%.

4. jem

jem

gwb said...

"Note the the vaccine effectiveness for stopping severe illness does not drop -- but stays steady over months. Only the effectiveness for stopping the spread of disease wanes over months -- with the current average for Delta being 39%."

You are a moron to act like we have enough data to conclude that these vaccines are going to stop severe illness at the same rate as we move further from their administration date.

Why do you just make up shit like that?
    Personally I hope you are correct... but why the fuck do you lie? There is no reason to lie and make dangerous statements like that.

The high risk should know... they may need themselves until we have more data to review.

Hari Seldon likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

it is all outlined in the Israel data. Israel tracks millions of people and has detailed information about vaccine effectiveness for the Pfizer vaccine -- Israel in effect is the world's laboratory for studies. Israel released detailed data recently on the vaccine effectiveness for stopping severe illness, spreading to others, hospitalization, etc. All of this is outlined in a video in the COVID Vaccine News thread -- go watch it & educate yourself.

The effectiveness of vaccines to stop severe illness has not waned and has stayed steady over months as detailed in the Israeli data. The expectation is that this will continue in the upcoming months. If you have data which shows the ability of the Pfizer vaccine to prevent severe illness is waning then please report it to the company who would like to hear your proof.

6. jem

jem

waned and stayed steady so far? its only been a few months in which some early adopters could have been fully inoculated.

You could not know how long lived and effective these vaccines are going to be because the experts do not know.... no one knows.

If a man needs to know his limitations as Clint Eastwood's character tell us....you are not a man.

You are full of shit.

Hari Seldon likes this.
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

So you have no data to support your assertions that the probability of severe illness among those vaccinated with Pfizer is dropping. If you have any data supporting your assertion then you better get on the phone with Pfizer.

Admittedly at this point it is not known how long COVID vaccine effectiveness will last for preventing severe illness in vaccinated people especially as more variants evolve among the unvaccinated. Keep in mind that the current generation of vaccines were expected to be effective for 1 to 2 years before a booster was required. A next generation of universal, permanent coronavirus vaccines are being developed but appear to be at least 5 years out -- universities such as Duke are involved in this research.

8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

He's always got a better source and knows more than you Jem. He's the king of one-upmanship.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

And once again -- let's explain reality. The Israeli data with the Pfizer vaccine shows no drop in the effectiveness of vaccination in preventing a severe case of COVID. The only waning over months is being more likely to get a mild breakthrough infection and more likely to spread it to others. Of course, a lot of this is driven by the Delta variant.

10. jem

jem

a. notice gwbe -alyingdouche admits he lied his ass off in his "admittedly" sentence.

b. But the douchebag hid that truth behind a misrepresentation and a red herring.

I never made any assertions about severe illness as I have no data to make such an assertion. He just wrote that to douche and distract from he lies because he is a lying douchebag.

#10     Jul 27, 2021