Video Games.... what's your favorites?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KCalhoun, Apr 30, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I stopped gaming years ago but recently restarted.... what are your favorites?

I'm playing Dead or Alive 5 and Soul Calibur on ps3 again, plus God of War, Assassins Creed, gta5, battlefield and pinball.

Mainly I play tenor sax for fun, but games are fun too since staying inside now

Nobert likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

If I had the mental means, and time, I'd get back into EverQuest. It launched on Mar 16th, 1999, and is still going strong! Biggest game universe there ever was. Can get lost in it for years and years.

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

It's not as fun as it was pre-World of Warcraft. At least not when I tried to go back around 2015. Played about 20 minutes and realized it didn't have the same feel as when I was young. Of course 2015 was one of their worst years. They only had a few thousand active players. Checking online now and it seems like they're back up to almost 30k actives.

4. Overnight

Overnight

It is still fun if you have a backlog of quests you never finished from a decade or two ago, hehe.

And not to mention, if you have a base character of like level 100, you can solo so much content now in an hour that used to take 72-person raiding parties two days to complete.

Nostalgia factor at this point, but still, so much has changed in that space that you'd effectively be starting from scratch with all the changes.

5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Sounds captivating, I purposely avoided online multiplayer games because I was concerned I'd get addicted, they look fascinating

Ive played most top single player quest games like final fantasy. I'm imagining going on quests with real people online with voice headsets or 3dvr would be fantastic and more interesting than the real world. I would get too hooked (^_^)

I love gaming... trading is like a visual math game. Ok I'm off for more DOA5. I'm 56 I'll never outgrow games.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  6. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I never thought about that. I never finished my ranger epic quest, but i needed a wizard to take me to the plane of nightmare. I wonder if they have a portal now that can just take you there.

7. jem

jem

I played Destiny 2 with my college aged son quite a bit. However, since he is home from school and Destiny 2 needs a new raid and strikes ... IMO.... I have not played in about 6 weeks.

8. Nobert

Nobert

Yo, - Marie Rose, Honoka, Lei Fang , ftw.
    I won't even mention, what they have done to em with source film maker.

When you get a chance to participate in a battle of 2000 A.I units, while in control of a single one or them all :
    timestamped real time game footage

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Pretty sure you can go anywhere now, what with all the AAs and items. If yer on The Rathe/Prexus, I can prolly get you there with my necro. :)

10. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I was on the zek server (PVP) I'm not too much into online games anymore. I lost interest in Everquest when they made me a guide and it completely took the fun out of the game. I really wanted to be a GM, but apparently, they would only make me a GM if I had been a guide for something like 8 years and not caused any problems which was totally against my nature. :) I was in EQ to mess with people and kill people much lower levels than me.

#10     Apr 30, 2020