Warrants were added to my account after shorting stock - Am I responsible?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tellerd66, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Yesterday, June 23, I shorted 500 shares TMUS on the close.

This morning, my Interactive Brokers account was short 500 shares TMUS and 500 Shares TMUSR (TMUS Rights)....I lost $500 on the rights

Interactive brokers said because there was a corporate action last night and trading was halted for TMUS, that I was now short 500 shares of along with 500 shares TMUS....The corporate action was announced after the close

Is this an error by Interactive Brokers or am I responsible for being short the rights?

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You are short the rights. Typically this would be priced in the night before.

MoreLeverage and tellerd66 like this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

yes. you should do more research before taking a position.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You should provide more information in your posts.

Actuarial_Fun and qaz like this.
  5. zdreg

zdreg

He explained his situation. Many posters take a position on a hunch, without doing basic research. Are you one of them?

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

No. But I provide insights, information, and advice where I know what I’m talking about.

You only provide snide comments. My guess is you know nothing about what you comment about.

Actuarial_Fun likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Your inability to recognize a reality check speaks for itself. Personalizing is speaking to your lack of character. congrats.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Speaking of personalizing....

I understand a reality check.
    I also understand someone who has nothing to contribute.

Telling him to research his trades is not constructive. If you can’t see that then maybe you can’t recognize a reality check.

tellerd66 likes this.
  9. The corporate action was announced after the close...

10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It was announced on 6/22 after the close in order to pay Softbank for their shares.

#10     Jun 25, 2020
    MoreLeverage likes this.