what are best tweet accounts for intraday news alerts

Discussion in 'Economics' started by watchdaride, Jan 12, 2022.

1. What are your best twitter accounts for quick news release intra day for news that moves the market ?

qlai likes this.
  2. walter bloomberg

MoreLeverage likes this.
  3. Bugsy

Bugsy

It doesn't matter what intraday news says. By the time you hear it the market will have priced it in long before you can trade it.

Spooz Top 2, deaddog and 777 like this.
  4. I trade intraday and this is patently not true. Like, almost NEVER.

Fed minutes come out? New macro data? I can read, analyze and act faster than the algos.

Trump getting COVID? That one was actually leaked in the tape (go review the day, and option trades). I knew something was up. Price was confirmed by the news, not the other way around.

So there is some benefit to it, except I don't really use it other than to provide context. In no case that I can recall has price action truly surprised me after a news event.

5. I'm misremembering the Trump news event. It was a different intraday (RTH) news event. It was major, can't recall what it was but I remember DMing a friend of mine and showing him the options trades that I told him I thought were anomalous earlier in the day... He responded by saying "Someone always knows..."

6. gaz0001

gaz0001

The issue with trading the news is that the insiders have already took most if not all of the meat.

(Analsysed 1 year of news and price action - its always priced in by the time it hits anywhere in the public realm)

Bugsy likes this.
  7. RedSun

RedSun

All those Twitter accounts are fertile ground for market manipulations.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  8. destriero

destriero

Ahh yes, I see. The real one followed me and then the fake followed suit.

9. I don't know how boomer you are, but the real one didn't follow you buddy.

#10     Jan 13, 2022