What does your day trade station entail?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bugsy, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

When I started a year ago it consisted of a brand new HP Pavilion with 16 GB RAM, new SSD, Rayden Graphics Card and the highest internet wifi available (no fiber optic available).

However, I've since transitioned into my Samsung Galaxy S8 while lying on the couch watching movies or shows, or out running errands. My brokerage has a decent app that enables trend line, Fibonacci, moving averages etc. I dont miss being tied to the computer chair and do pretty well still.

https://ibb.co/q0wyxww

Have others here transitioned to their smart phones out of curiosity?

easymon1 likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

What are you trading Bugsy and what time frame?

I use a laptop with additional monitors.

Zodiac4u likes this.
  3. Bugsy

Bugsy

I trade the ES minis 5 minute time frame. I trade at all hours too. I use Tradestation for my brokerage, and their app.

vic38 and easymon1 like this.
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Wow !! I'm impressed.
    I used to day trade ES years ago and always thought I needed more monitor space.:)

Zodiac4u and Bugsy like this.
  5. Bugsy

Bugsy

I used too as well. Had multiple time frames and everything. I realized by keeping it simple and relaxed I can focus on basic setups.

MACD and Zodiac4u like this.
  6. deaddog

deaddog

I do believe that keeping things simple is the best way to trade. I still have multiple monitors but switched to swing trading equities. Not sure I could operate without a keyboard. Still a one finger typist and am a real klutz at texting.

Bugsy and Zodiac4u like this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Could you post an image of your phone display with a typical chart that you view while taking Padman's cashola via the ES?
    Curious to see the general look both horizontally and vertically.
    Picky bastard, huh?
    Also interested in seeing what if any serve as anything that you Might put on your chart from time to time. eg. pivots, mavgs, horizontal or diagonal trendlines?
    Def no rush but one day or another you'll be trading and hit a dead time and think, 'think i'll pop a screenshot up of this Killer TradeGenerator.
    Beak A Leg.

8. Bugsy

Bugsy

Sure I'll try to post one later tomorrow.

9. easymon1

easymon1

During trading session?

10. Bugsy

Bugsy

I'm just posting the functionality, not my strategy or system. I'm just going to pull it up and do a screenshot.

#10     Dec 4, 2021