What is NQ

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by padutrader, Nov 19, 2021.

1. padutrader

padutrader

is it a share... index

2. Overnight

Overnight

It is a future contract based on the top 100 companies by market cap on the NASDAQ exchange.

Don't mess with it, it is beyond your understanding.

I warned you about this in another thread. Do NOT get involved with futures, if you cannot figure FX.

3. Nah, he can trade MNQ with reckless abandon. The daily range on MNQ is like $200, you'd have to be really bad to lose more than $200 in one day trading MNQ.

4. Overnight

Overnight

He did not ask about the MNQ. He asked about the NQ. And the range on the N series is not 200 bux, it is 200 points these days. That is more than 200 bux on MNQ, or 2000 on NQ.

5. I was talking more about regular trading hours range. I've never really been able to successfully trade NQ off hours unless there is volume. Median is probably 100 points. I should know this but I don't.

6. padutrader

padutrader

what is NQ a symbol for

7. Overnight

Overnight

Volume is not necessary to successfully trade NQ after RTH. Just TA, if you believe in that BS. What becomes necessary is FA and a pulse on the Eastern hemisphere markets, starting at 8PM ET.

Alas. Padu is going to get totally buggered, if he thinks he will make it in the futures market, after failing in FX.

8. schizo

schizo

Short for Nasdaq

padutrader likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I answered your question dumbass, but because you have me on ignore, you will not receive an answer from me. Why don't you e-mail Brooks and ask HIM? He is your co-god, like Ganesh and Shiva

10. It's too wacky for me, I'm happy just trading RTH for now.

#10     Nov 19, 2021