What is your favorite trading book?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by new2trading, Sep 18, 2002.

1. What book do you feel has had the most impact on your trading. This can be either a positive or a negative impact. I am principally interested in day trading so I would also like you to let me know what you think is the best book for bettering yourself as a day trader.

:) Carol

2. robbo

robbo

Trading In The Zone By Mark Douglas,its a classic and I like Jack Schwagers Market Wizards Books

Rob

3. I liked trading in the zone also. Was one of the first books I read and it helped me a lot.

4. Tharps book helped me take a more "macro" mathematical view of the game...

Koppel's Intuitive Trader & The Tao of Trading helped bring some things to the surface... although I would not recomeend these unless you are pretty far along on your journey

Mark Douglas Trading in the Zone is a must read along with Stock Operator & The Wizard Books

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

5. Mine has got to be "Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" (sounds corny, I know).

While his entry techniques may not be statistically valid (most of his profits are probably due to his risk management, trailing techniques), it does give an outstanding, detailed overview of what goes into a trading system. It even has has quizzes at the end of each chapter to make sure you understand the concepts.

A bit dated, but a great introduction to all corners that need to be addressed when trading.

6. Jeffo

Jeffo

Technical Analaysis of Stock Trends by Edwards and Magee

7. jcom, tell me a little more about this book. I went through a bad drawdown and my intuition got blown up into little pieces and scattered everywhere. Probably just as well. I kept a record and it was right anywhere from 49 to 51 percent. But at the time I didn't have many coins to flip so I was greatful for my intuition.

8. robbo

robbo

I forgot to include the Stock Operator its also a brilliant book.

9. Not really that much to say profseer...

Both books IMO are excellent; a lot of interviews with top traders about some of the more "internal" aspects of the game...

go to amazon and check them out for yourself, they are only like 50bucks for the lot!

PEACE and goodtrading,
    Commisso

10. OH, did I miss the subtle sarcasm??? :D

#10     Sep 18, 2002