What one thing did you learn this year that helped you improve your intraday trades?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birdman, Dec 31, 2020.

1. birdman

birdman

This being the last day of 2020, it's a good time to reflect on what we have learned this past year.

So what's the # 1 thing you have learned this year, that has helped you with intraday trading?

I'll go first ...

Rely heavily on a screener. Don't be married to just one instrument.

Lonnie34, comagnum and derbeurze like this.
  2. 3 Things (I know you asked for one):

1) Have a view as to whether the market is likely to finish up/down on the day to frame set-ups for intraday trades.

2) Identify potential areas of support / resistance both on daily and intraday charts in advance.

3) Post your ideas in a chat room to get them out of your head.

Lonnie34, birdman and derbeurze like this.
  3. Reduced profit expectations (Less is more)

Math_Wiz, dschubring, birdman and 2 others like this.
  4. Buy the index futures at the cash close. Hold overnight, sell on the cash open the next day. Count your winnings. Spend the day golfing while the day traders slug it out for a few points.

Math_Wiz, VPhantom, fan27 and 4 others like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Oh BOLLOKS Rickshaw! You get a 200 point downer on one night, it takes many more nights to get back to BE!

Happy New Years anyways, sir. I love/hate you. :)

birdman and derbeurze like this.
  6. Lonnie34

Lonnie34

I turn off moving averages (MAs) unless the day is trending (from what I can tell). Most TA, in my experience, can be a crutch more than it helps because it's backward looking. On non-trend rotational trading ranges, MAs only confuse me more and I start to give them more importance than the DOM or price action.

birdman likes this.
  7. traider

traider

Buy the options at the cash close. Hold overnight, sell on the cash open the next day. Count your winnings. Spend the day golfing while the day traders slug it out for a few points.

ffs1001 likes this.
  8. Valid point -- most TA tells you what has happened (and most technical analysts can only tell you what is happening now). When you can develop your TA in a way that allows you to forecast with probabilities, then you're cooking with gas.

beginner66 and Lonnie34 like this.
  9. padutrader

padutrader

the closing trade is dependant on the entry...it is known what rate they have entered if you read charts..so you know where they will close

you are looking for set ups...YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR THE REASONS SET UPS HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE

I have been looking for 13 years.....i finally found it

if you are looking for set ups you are looking for the wrong thing.... you will always be looking

birdman likes this.
  10. fargone

fargone

Reduce your profit expectation and focus on your management, especially risk management.

#10     Jan 2, 2021
    birdman likes this.