What to do the rest of the day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader1974, Oct 5, 2020.

1. trader1974

trader1974

I normally operate the first two hours after opening.
    Then the market becomes slower, chaotic, without volume.
    I would like to trade more but normally if I do I lose part of the earnings in the first two hours, so I stop trading until the next day.
    Have you found something to trade that is profitable after the first two hours?
    Any ideas?

2. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Use a different method, something more attuned to the markets slower rhythm. OTH, go do something else (which you probably do), and come back for the close, which is more like the open in reverse, imo.

Today I got up late, 2.5 hours after the open. Put plan B into play and picked up 1/2 my daily. Now will go chop wood until close minus 90 minutes and employ Plan C. Should be able to get the other 1/2. It felt really nice to sleep in!

Of course if I had gotten up, it would have been good trading. But I would be tired and not feeling as good.

One thing after decades of trading, there will always be another day of "epic" as the excitable crowd on ET likes to post about. It is all the same to me at this point, Fast , Slow, Choppy, Trending, Reversing, Consolidating, Bouncing, Breaking out, etc. Just use the different tools and know that different R/R apply. Work it baby! It is all good, just some better than others, and some easier than others.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    yc47ib, Onra, johnnyrock and 2 others like this.
  3. I slept in, woke up and saw +4K, then went outside to mow the pasture on the tractor

4. speedo

speedo

Same as always, wait for a signal....trade it.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

When the market slows down, im usually thinking about ex girlfriends wondering what
    they are up to..

6. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Just enjoy your life man !

7. El Trado

El Trado

Don’t...... If you have found something that works, stick to it. Don’t try to be creative.

Amatrue likes this.
  8. Tradex

Tradex

This "problem" is totally foreign to me, as I watch close to 40 different financial instruments each day, at the same time, on the 15-min charts.

I suggest you do the same, watch/scan as many markets as you scan, don't just stare at one or two markets while tons of trading opportunities are popping up elsewhere, at that same moment.

smallfil, Nobert and trader1974 like this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

research more trading ideas. This game is about evolving and adapting as the markets change. When you have to adapt, it will be too late.

yc47ib and trader1974 like this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

What is your objective? Why do you want to trade more?
    (are you consistantly profitable?)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    #10     Oct 5, 2020
    maxima120 likes this.