when orders are sent from broker to market makers or to the nasdaq what info is sent?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jenny2000, Oct 30, 2021.

1. when orders are sent from broker to market makers or to the nasdaq what info is sent?
    like do identifiable info is also sent? anyone know what info is sent?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Market Participant IDentifier (MPID) assigned by a national securities exchange.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    capitalC and VPhantom like this.
  3. what is that exactly? i am trying to read about it but its super technical and above my level of understanding... can the market maker know what trades each trader is doing if they group by MPID?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

A 4 letter code. Then at the end of each day, the executing broker creates an OATS report with great details of every order sent that can be reviewed by regulators.

5. ok so no identifiable info is sent to market makers?
    can the market makers see OATS?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What is your concern?

7. market makers manipulation of individual sellers if they can identify them... if they can identify traders they can understand how each trader behaves and they can manipulate them

murray t turtle and JSOP like this.
  8. They can only see the ID after the trade executes, for settlement. It's not broadcast as part of real time trading data, other than 'anonymous,' at most. Keen players might recognize you if they see repeat size and patterns, but even if they back away, many others will take your trade. If your trading is proficient then almost anyone who bets against you will lose, once bigger fish take your side.

9. Overnight

Overnight

I'm guessing he/she is one of those paranoid types that feels that his/her individual piker trades are SO important, they will steal his/her strategy and it will then fail for all time, and the CABAL will kidnap his/her stuffed animal.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    capitalC and David's faith like this.
  10. so i am not allowed to be paranoid? and to answer ur question no this is not what i am afraid of... i just want to know if they can track us or not? just like facebook made billions from tracking us wherever we go online imagine what someone can do if they can also track us on the stock exchange... and if u dont have anything productive to say please stay out of my question and do your fellow treader a favor

#10     Oct 30, 2021
    long and murray t turtle like this.