Which AMP platform do you think is best?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 13, 2023.

1. zghorner likes this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

also interested, only for non-algorithmic trading lol. Switching from IBKR for a number of reasons but TWS charts are trash IMO and a big reason why.

OP not trying to hijack...just don't want to clutter forum with an almost identical thread. Ill delete if you request it.

farmerjohn1324 likes this.
  3. schizo

schizo

For algo, Sierra Chart tops the list IMO. Others are CPU hogs and pretty sluggish. However, Quantower looks promising even though I haven't tried it yet. Their minimalistic UI is pretty appealing.

4. hilmy83

hilmy83

I'm using MT5 for running Algo. Its probably not the best, but it meets my simple needs.

MarkBrown and farmerjohn1324 like this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

6. Some of the auto trading api platforms have a certification process for algos.
    This means you cant go live on day 1.
    You have to wait a few weeks for your algo to pass manual certification on their testing platform.
    Basically this is the api platform provider checking you are a competent programmer and using their api correctly.

Some of the platforms wont have this process, because you are coding at a higher level, you can just go live whenever, im guessing with something like MT5 you can use it without any certification, because is it is a higher level platform.

IB dont require this step either, you just go live with your algo code which runs on top of TWS or Gateway from day 1.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023