why EUR/USD sticks with 1.09 so long?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by noblehawk, Jun 1, 2015.

1. why EUR/USD sticks with 1.09 so long? everyone knows it , please tell me!
    for the same news everyday, other currency pair with USD like JPY has already been up 400 pips, but the EUR is still around 1.09? why?
    The house's lucky number is 1.09?

2. pinfire

pinfire

I think these are the market makers that are keeping EU at this level and involving more investors and then they will take their share and most of the investors will be left with loss. May be I am wrong but right now I am feeling this

3. loyek590

loyek590

just make sure you are positioned for a move one way or the other Friday 8:30 am et when the NFP number comes out

4. loyek590

loyek590

one of the rare times I'm long both eur and usd, and if it's not too expensive, wouldn't mind staying that way until NFP

5. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

My personal opinion is that the stretch of the euro to 114 was driven by the European bond route in response to "the end of European deflation". This freaky crash is done.
    Coincidentally? , this set the table for the ECB in terms of creatiing more qualified supply of higher yielding debt for the ongoing ECB QE program. The ECB has jumped on this with an annoucement of an accelerated pre-holiday buying spree. European yields and the euro still
    + correlated have moved down together and are both pausing now.
    Seems previois value levels or S/R , 109ish, have been negotiated amd more data is needed going forward.

6. oh, i just realized why EUR stick with 1.09 so long
    because when EUR down from 1.11 to 1.09, it is too suddenly, only took 10 minutes
    the house still have a lot of chips around 1.11 or 1.10
    so they have to stick to at least beyond 1.09 to keep their loss less

7. so the house is not so smart as we expected, but they have the powerful weapon: the money

8. The trend is likely to be slower for the remainder of the year. We should not expect anything beyond 1.08 to 1.10. 1.05 is still a possibility. Gone are the days where we see sharp ratios/movement in the EUR.

9. EUR/USD outlook largely depends on the price action in EUR/GBP. The pair has attracted sellers around 1.11 level previously. Although the price action suggests further downside ahead, exhaustion is seen in selling. GBP/USD is expected to head lower, and hence some upside towards 1.10 or consolidation at current levels might be seen in EUR/USD. Failing to hold the support zone might lead to a move lower towards 1.05.

10. jamesvo

jamesvo

10 days passed and you're right, EU is sticking with 1.09 level so long. It's 1.097x now.

#10     Jul 30, 2015