Why Musk will never buy the fraud TWTR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JackMorgan, Jun 30, 2022.

1. 100 different FAKE account posted this same news

50% of TWTR is bots
    40% are morons
    10% are decent humans

upload_2022-6-30_16-10-11.png

Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Someone like you definitely has a head start in identifying a fraud.

Clubber Lang and ffs1001 like this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

murray t turtle and zdreg like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Maybe if TWTR simply suspended the ability of people to share and re-tweet for a while, we would see how much of an impact that would have on this mess? Kinda' like the argument going on in the feedback section here on ET about the ignore/block feature.

Anyone have Dorsey's phone number?

5. Correct . My BS detector is legendary.

And I detect you.

6. TheDawn

TheDawn

Well it's too late, you can't leave the bride at the altar. He's gonna have to pay this time.

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Wonder if he can afford it?

8. VicBee

VicBee

I think Musk will buy Twitter because regardless of the number of bots and spam, it is the go-to platform in the US for anyone who wants media coverage. Unlike YouTube or TikTok, the number of subscribers doesn't determine one's paycheck.

Charging an annual subscription fee of let's say $10 will significantly reduce bots and spam. The money will go a long way to finance Twitters operations.

If Twitter requires real name handle, it will also significantly reduce the amount of abuse on the platform and provide enforcement agencies the materials they may want for prosecution.

I don't like Trump but he was popular enough to be elected and thus seems to speak for many. That's good enough for me to let him speak his vomit, and the same goes for anyone, as long as they are properly identified.

The point is, Twtr now trading at 37 could very well bounce significantly in the months to come. Mark my word.

vanzandt likes this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

xzzuu.jpg

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. TheDawn

TheDawn

Charging a fixed subscription fee is going to encourage bots and spam even further because if I have paid my $10, I am going to make sure I create as many bots and as much spam as possible to get my money's worth. LOL No if Musk really want to discourage bots and spam, it should just put in anti-bots detection and anti-spam mechanisms. Musk is able to send spacecraft into space, he is able to figure out to how to stop bots and spam.

There is no way Musk is going to require real-name handles. What's he going to do? Ask you to provide your ID for a Twitter username otherwise how is he going to know that's your real name? That's just inefficient and infeasible. This is the United States, not China or Saudi Arabia. Nobody signs up for social media accounts with government-issued ID's. LOL If he does that, nobody will be using Twitter and will flock to the ten thousand social media platforms that've sprung up.

Twitter's price will eventually take off but that's going to depend on whether the deal goes through or not. It does go through, I am sure Musk will run it better than the current owner that I don't even bother to know his name. That's for sure.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    #10     Jul 1, 2022