Will the disappearance of investment banks affect the trading permanently ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joesan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. joesan

joesan

Well, since this is a trading BBS, I want to raise some question related to trading and the current happenings.

Big investment banks will vanish from now on, ( or will they ?), will this fact affect the trading activity around the world ? Will it change the structure of the market and hence the characteristic of the market movement ?

2. Ooooh maybe now people like me trading £1 t £3 tick on oil may actually be able to move the maket if all the big guys go bankrupt! :D

3. dream on.

4. dont

dont

Yes I think it will, but so will the greater regulation, plus all those ex-wankers sorry bankers will try to trade for a living got too love free money.

5. HooLee

HooLee

I guess you will have to take a vacation if you trade IPOs.

6. eagle

eagle

How about the future of SEC?

7. Surdo

Surdo

I can assure you the smartest department heads of the fallen IB's will be starting boutique shops over the next two years.

8. Much less volitility

9. No more short squeeze, just a plan old boring market. Sideways for year and years.

Had the goverment let the market sort this out we would have had a big fall in the stock indexes.

We would have had a recession for sure, but thats ok. People would have been able to buy stock very cheep, but now were just going to muddle along for decades.

10. 100% correct. End of equities.

#10     Sep 22, 2008