Wonder what the hedge funds could currently do to the market to help insure no rate hike...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Bugsy, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

...and continued QE, or at least stalling QT. If you were a group of powerful hedge funds and had the power to move the markets what would you do before the Fed meets next month?

2. Get some REM, man.

3. %%
    MOST likely;
    like long + short nickname name suggests/\ long + short. I would also consider other things, like trends,, since so many hedge funds underperform.......................................................:caution::caution:

4. xandman

xandman

Go thru the President thru back channels. I don't think they have enough capital to fight the FED.

Hedge funds are on a thin leash of bank financing and skittish investors that are only in for small allocation relative to their net worth.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. USDJPY

USDJPY

No one hedge fund can control the market. They'd have to work together and with the central banks.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Nothing can stop the Fed. Powell is on a mission. He is finally not a pussy-whpped linetow of a president. He found his backbone against a president once Trump went away.

7. MKTrader

MKTrader

We'll see. He tried all this tough-guy hawkish talk in 2018, but when the S&P 500 fell around 20% (the edge of a bear market), he completely changed his tune. This time, the S&P has only fallen a little over 10% from its all-time high. I don't believe they'll do 3 or 4 hikes a year until 2025 or whenever. Let's see if they prove me worng.