Worldco San Diego Ceeee Yaaaaa

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OVERtheLINE, May 28, 2003.

1. jem

jem

As one of the guys who closed his office here in San Diego, (by the way what charities take computers and desk donations) it was a pretty simple decision. I was no longer able to train guys to be profitable and still trade enough shares to justify keeping the office open. Andover's rates completely whacked my margins and some of the guys in the office wanted me to move the office closer to their homes. Problem was they were in different directions. Also, as the stock ranges got smaller it seemed much harder to scalp out a living trading stocks. So some of the traders went with me over to Andover some went remote and some switched to futures. All I know was that I was glad I did not sign a new lease when I saw the SEC raise their fees.

Plus it is kind of fun not having anything to do after I am done with my trading work.

#11     May 28, 2003
  2. You are, and will continue to be, successful, especially when you continue to adapt to the marketplace. Consolidation within the industry will continue.....and (believe or not) traders of "our ilk" will continue to be the "successful minority." (I know that I am overusing that phrase, but it seems to fit well in this marketplace). No hard feelings (I hope).

Don

#12     May 29, 2003