WTS Prop - $79 monthly fee?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hfmanager, Nov 1, 2011.

1. hfmanager

hfmanager

I have been referred to WTS by some trader I met at a party over the weekend and after looking at their paperwork, I see a $79 risk management fee. Isn't a prop firms main job to manage risk? Is this fee standard for all prop firms?

2. hitnrun

hitnrun

administration fee they call it. standard for wts $ 69.00

someone has to pay for the coffee & donuts every morning

it's a bs fee every wts trader is charged / not standard in prop

3. most places have the fee, whether they tell you about it or make it on marking up the software.

with the constant regulatory changes and full-time accounting work needed, they look to make a few bucks on it. I personally don't think a $79 monthly fee is something to bitch about if you're getting a good deal on commissions.

4. hitnrun

hitnrun

they been charging this fee for a long time . nothing new

everyone has different fees for platforms & commissions so that is more important to zero in on

you have to neg the best deal you can otherwise any prop firm will make you there bitch

5. hfmanager

hfmanager

I guess I would not mind that fee if I did not read more potentially insidious practices that WTS attempts to hang on their traders. Agressive ECN fee markups seems to be their specialty

6. hfmanager

hfmanager

Overall is that fee been known to be negotiated or does it stay from all?

7. hitnrun

hitnrun

with volume everything is neg if they really want to make a deal

8. just pay the damn thing. Overall net all costs WTS gives ones of the best deals on the street

9. hfmanager

hfmanager

I dont think I am going there: they have a bad rep. If anyone from the firm is on this board, convince me otherwise and PM me.

10. I never understood why people think Coffee and donuts are free. 69 dollars a month per person is a fair cost to have both items available when you walk into the office.

#10     Nov 2, 2011