Yahoo! Finance...What are it's good points and bad points??

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Cabin111, May 30, 2022.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I've been using Yahoo Finance since the beginning...Dial up!! I still find it to be the best program for basic information about companies. Yeah, most of the information has to be paid for and I am sure they get kick backs from places like; Motley Fool, Barron's, Market Watch for each subscription.

It gives me a good summary of the company (PE, high and low for the day and year, X dividend date, etc) link to the companies website and basic news. I know it's not technical, but it's free and many people use it.

For being free...What are the good points and the bad points of this website??

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

It's old news
    Too many Ads

3. i still use yahoo finance to look at company info such as address, how many employees, etc. and i also keep track of my stocks portfolio when i don't want to log financial website cause i'm at the office. it keeps track of real time value when the stock market is open for my stonk portfolios.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

How many ads do you see on this page? I see none...

AdBlocker is a thing since forever...

5. maxinger

maxinger

I have been using it for about 4 decades.
    It has been quite good.
    however, its focus is too narrow.
    it focuses too much on US stocks.

CNBC is one of the worst as it is slow.
    its focus is wider.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  6. I use Yahoo! Finance for its portfolio function: you can immediately see by how much your positions have increased/decreased without having to start trading software.

7. Cabin111

Cabin111

Yeah, I enjoy not having to log into Schwab or Fidelity to see how my stocks are doing. I can also look at my "watch list" and see what looks good. You can get a company's detailed earnings reports as soon as it's released.

There are not a lot of bells and whistles with this site...But it's free. It is good for general information about a company.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. %%
    ITS not as accurate as the free researchinvestors.com[IBD website]
    BUT i like yahoo! monthly charts+ dividend payouts on candle charts feature.....................................................................................